TSG145: Owl-ways There For You!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Good Morning!

I hope you all had an awesome weekend. I had a jam-packed one myself...and mine started last Thursday! We said farewell to my brother and dad who had been staying with us since the start of February (I was a complete mess!), then picked up my two stamping besties for a whirlwind weekend of sightseeing, stamping and Twilight watching! Add a lot of driving, a stomach bug and three cards...I'm a wee little bit physically and emotionally drained today! But I'm glad I got to spend time with my favorite people. :)

I'll definitely share a photo or two with you later this week, but before this post gets any longer, here's one of those cards I worked on yesterday! This week's There She Goes challenge #145 is my favorite kind of challenge - a sketch!


It's a good one and I know you'll want to play along with us this week!

For my card I pulled out the You're A Hoot set because those cute, little owls fit perfectly in a rectangular panel! (No one said this was rocket science!) ;) I colored them with my reinkers and aquapainter brush, then cut them out and mounted them on the sky panel that I sponged with SU's Cool Caribbean and Rosie's Roadshow Cloud Template. Then I just used some scrap paper from MME and Crate Paper to create the rest of the elements. Added a little ribbon, a sweet sentiment, also from the set, and I was done!

To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using an animal theme and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of the challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (March 6th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities.TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated! :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG145 so we can check out your beautiful work!


Thank you so very much for popping in today! See you tomorrow!

Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'You're A Hoot'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Curry Crush Morning Marigold, Really Rust, Soft Suede, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Peeling Paint'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics - Bitter Chocolate, Kraft Cardstock, PP - MME Scrap, Crate Paper Scrap
Access: Ribbon, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Fiskars Corner Punch, Rosies Roadshow Cloud Template, Sponges, Machine Stitching, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

1 Comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Sandra,

This is just too cute!! I love those little owls too. Great colors and as always - coloring.

Hugs,
Theresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails