Tweet Heart

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Wednesday everyone!

We're half way through the week and I couldn't be happier! My family flies into town in three days and although I have a mountain of things still to do, I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with them again. :) Over the last 8-10 years, I've only ever emailed them because my parents are deaf and my brother, well, he isn't exactly known for his lengthy conversations. :) I am thrilled they're coming!

So, on top of all the sewing and cleaning and painting I did over weekend, I managed to also squeeze some stamping time in too! I spied Tami's 5th Anniversary Card Positioning System's sketch #136 this past Sunday and thought it would make a great quick and easy card. And it did!


The image is from TSG's cute set, Love Birds. I think this card may find it's way into my hubby's lunchbox on Valentines Day! I colored the image with my reinkers, then once it was dry, I drew a line below their feet so they looked like they were sitting on a powerline. Each panel was matted with cardstock and machine stitched in place.

Do you have a entire draw dedicated to scraps of patterned paper like I do? It was getting a little out of hand, so I did what every good stamper would do and I dug deep into that door to find three papers that somewhat matched! lol They also had to be pink because this week's TSG challenge #141 is an inspiration one and I was inspired by all the feminine colors in the photo.


To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using the photo as inspiration and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (February 6th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG141 so we can check out your beautiful work!


Thanks so much for stopping in today!

Supplies
Stamps:
There She Goes
'Love Birds'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey, MME and K&Company
Access:
PTI Fillable Frames #10, Sakura Micro Pen, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

2 Comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Great card, Sandra! I do try to go to the ever increasing scrap stack when making cards. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your family. So happy for you!

*Susan* said...

Sandra, what a sweet card! Great mix of patterns, and LOVE the pink, the stitching, those birds! (I have that birdcage DP but just can't cut into it; silly, huh?) Wishing you nothing but a warm & wonderful visit with your family! {hug}

Related Posts with Thumbnails