I Miss Your Mug!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Friday everyone!

What a week this has been! My brother and Dad took an impromptu trip to NYC on Tuesday, then on Valentines Day, Syd's school was in lock-down because someone decided to have a domestic dispute near the school and was seen with a gun. Thankfully, they turned themselves in mid morning and the kids were allowed to go outside for recess. Yesterday, I picked Syd up from school around lunchtime after she vomited. Hopefully the weekend will turn out a bit better!

It's release week next week for There She Goes, but before we show you a new bunch of stamps, we're revisiting some old favorites this week. It's something we like to call There She Goes (Again!) and the sets we're showcasing this week are Let's Get Together, Slow and Steady and Special Delivery.

I looooove my coffee! It's usually the first thing I drink in the morning and the last thing I drink in the evening, so I immediately picked up the Let's Get Together set and went to town on a card. The papers are scraps of MME and Bo Bunny from my scrap draw. I've been trying to use up some of the old paper I have before buying anything new. It's been hard, especially when there are soooo many enablers in blog land! lol

I colored the coffee cup with SU's Going Gray ink, then paper pieced the sleeve with some more MME scrap paper. Then I used this week's Mojo Sketch #228 for my layout. (I think a couple other Trendsetters did too!) I added a little something extra to the card by randomly adhering some Kaisercraft adhesive pearls for 'steam' and sewed the Bo Bunny paper to the cardstock with a zigzag stitch. I ended up using a sentiment from the recently released Perk Up! set because it worked better with the layout.

Here's a close up of the paper piecing and stitching. I even colored on the patterned paper so that it would look like it was curved too. Each layer was sponged with Distress Ink and the circle panel was paper pierced instead of sewn. The scallops on the cardstock under the circle panel was done with some decorative scissors. I don't own the scalloped circle nesties from Spellbinders, but I don't let that stop me! ;)


If you haven't heard by now, There She Goes is running a special this week. If you've had your eye on a set or two, now's the time to get them!

I hope you all have had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend. Until next week...stay warm, my friends!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Let's Get Together' and 'Perk Up'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Going Gray and Sahara Sand, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Georgia Pacific, Bazzil Basics - Bitter Chocolate, PP - Bo Bunny and MME scrap
Access: Spellbinders Circle and Labels One Nesties, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Kaisercrafts Pearls - Pearl, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

5 Comments:

wethreelyons said...

Gorgeous! I love love love your creativity. It isn't just unique, it is so professional looking! (ps. that is SO scary about Syd's school!!!)

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love the design and papers.

kadie said...

Yummers!! I can't wait to have coffee with a few of my fave peeps this time next week ;)

Judy McMullen said...

What a yummy card, Sandra! I'm always in awe of how you combine papers and then enhance them with ink, piercing and sewing. Beautiful!!!

So glad you've had this time to spend with your family! HUGS!!

Bilyana said...

Adore the coffee card :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails