FFF and TGF Release Sneak Peek!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Wooohooo! It's finally Friday and I'm SOOO looking forward to this weekend! And not for any particular reason either. We have nothing planned, but I've had a busy week at work and since hurting my ankle on Monday, I just need to move at a slower pace for a couple of days. :)


This week's Farm Fresh Friday is a color challenge with a little bit of a surprise!! We're challenging you to create a card or project using the colors red, sky blue and yellow, but we're also giving you all a sneak peek look at a set by designer Marina Neira!!

None of these colors were in any of my paper pads I own, so I had to rummage through my individual paper collection to see if anything matched. Luckily I found these papers from SEI and Cosmo Cricket! Phew! Color challenges really make me work hard because I don't always 'feel' like working with certain colors all the time. So I'm really glad this card worked out!


A TOTALLY adorable image right?! It's sooooo cute!! Poor little Toby has a boo-boo on his head and Nurse Laurie is taking care of him. This is one of two images in the set and I also used one of the sentiments from the set too!

Now I know the challenge didn't say anything about using black or kraft, but I figured they were neutrals, so that was ok.....I hope! LOL Miss Laurie and Toby were colored with my reinkers and aquapainter brush and just for a little more something, I added some Glossy Accents to their eyes. I used this week's Sketch Saturday #95 for the layout, but changed it up a bit by using a circle center panel instead of a square one.

Here are the links to check out what the Farmer's and Critter Crew created for today's challenge:

If TGF is all you eat, sleep and breathe, then you know about the Royal Battle going on! On Wednesday, the first challenge was issued and the teams have until Saturday night to get their first entries to Jess. All of them will be posted to the TGF gallery on Sunday morning and you can vote for your top 3 by leaving a comment on them. I CAN'T WAIT to see every one's creations! This is going to be fun!!

Have a fabulous weekend!!




Supplies
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm 'Get Well'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Blush, Cool Caribbean, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Going Gray, Sahara Sand, Distress Inks 'Black Soot and Weathered Wood'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - SEI and Cosmo Cricket
Access: Ribbon, Button, DMC Thread, Rangers Glossy Accents, Spellbinders Large Big Scalloped Circle Nesties, Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

14 Comments:

Randi said...

Incredible FFF card Sandra!! Love, love, love your coloring on this! Amazing layout and I love the SEI and Cosmo papers together! So cute with the kraft and black and white gingham!! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Unknown said...

sandra...i am in love, sister! great dp, layout, and coloring...of course! this is just gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Tasha said...

Adorable card Sandra! Love the paper and the ribbon
love tasha xx

Jami said...

Wow! That black really makes it all pop - great addition!! I just love your coloring!!

Jen Shults said...

This is really cute! I absolutely adore your coloring. The black really makes everything pop and your piercing is just exactly the right amount. Lovely card!

Kim said...

Gorgeous! You always pick the perfect touches to compliment everything!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Sandra! I love those papers and your beautiful coloring! Wonderful preview today, my friend!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhhhhh look how DARLING.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a sweet card!

Gabriela said...

Pure preciousness!

Mary Giles said...

This is sooo adorable! Fabulous paper choices and that beautiful bow just makes the whole card complete. Of course the coloring is amazing as always.

Unknown said...

Everything about this card is just perfect Sandra..Right from the image to the colouring down to the DP... Absolutely amazing card!! Xx

kadie said...

Sandra, you're coloring is stunning!! I love it! Fab job rockin the color challenge too!!

The Spotted Chick said...

OMG Sandra!! You have no idea how much I LOVE these little GF Critters!! You cost me so much money!! *sigh*

Related Posts with Thumbnails