Sweet Pea

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good Morning!

Had my husband or little girl been home yesterday I think I would have 'chucked a sickie', which is also known as 'calling in sick when you're not' if you're not from Australia. :) It was in the low 50's and absolutely gorgeous outside!! We've had the windows open for the past three days now and our little apartment is full of fresh air again. Ahhh, Spring is almost here my friends!

Today's card is one that came together pretty fast, thankfully, because I tried to spend as little time as possible at my desk this past weekend for obvious reasons! ;)

I was looking forward to coloring up the adorable Emma Puddle Jumper again, who was released last week, from Claudia & Company. She's so sweet and so simple to color up! The next release isn't for a few weeks, but I'm already dying to get a sneak peek at them!

I borrowed this week's sketch from Friday Sketcher's blog (#92) for this layout and kept the embellishments on the minimal side. The papers are from Pink Paisley and Bo Bunny which I picked up at my local scrapbook store. Do you typically buy your papers online or at your LSS? I like to buy mine at a regular store because I like to see the paper up close, but lately, my LSS has changed out their selection in over a year and I'm getting bored! The next closest store is 1.5 hrs away so it's not exactly 'local' anymore. :( I may have to start throwing caution to the wind and start buying mine online from now on. So scary!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Supplies
Stamps: Claudia and Company 'Emma Puddle Jumper', Stamping Bella 'Sweet Pea'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Cranberry Crisp, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Olive Green, Cool Caribbean, Distress Ink 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Bo Bunny, Pink Paisley
Access: Ribbon, Buttons, PTI Rustic Button Twine, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Machine Stitching, Sponging, Dimensionals

22 Comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

It was in the 50's here yesterday too, it was wonderful! LOVE the card, the colors are wonderful and the layout is great.

~amy~ said...

The weekend was gorgeous over here...yesterday was cold but not raining so I won't complain:)

Love your sweet pink card...sooo sweet and girl, your stitching is always sooo very perfect!

Robin McK said...

It was lovely in Toronto too! This card is fabulous - you've got the best colouring!

Wilfreda said...

Your card is so cute. Really sweet.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How sweet and adorable! I love button bows :)

hugs, margie

Anonymous said...

These images are so adorable and I just love your paper choices and how you laid you out. Awesome!

Cindy O'Donnell said...

I absolutely love everything about this card..great!

Jen said...

Oh my this is fabulous! I love the colors you used here and your coloring is amazing but I really really love that ribbon... gorgeous choice!

Gabriela said...

What an adorable little Puddle Jumper! You did a sensational job on this. I buy all my DP online. These are among my favorite online retailers:

www.ellenhutson.com
www.stampersdream.com
www.eclecticpaperie.com
www.emmaspaperie.com
http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricketretail/main.cfm?type=1
www.octoberafternoon.com
http://stores.ebay.com/Sassy-and-Sweet-CRAFTS

I can't recommend these enough. Each of these online stores are top notch and really aim to please.

LORi said...

Hey Girl...so happy to hear thta the weather has been nice for you all!! Fresh air is a great thing!! Another GREAT thing is this card...OMGosh...it is sensational!! I love the colors, the ribbon, the button, the papers, your coloring and of course the image (hee hee)!!!

You create WOW work!!! Love it!!

HUGS- LORi

p.s. I used to only purchase from my LSS too, but I am crazy over the selection that Claudia keeps at Die Cuts R Us....so I have switched over to the online world in the last 6 months!!

WickedPixie said...

Hi Sandra! This is so cute - these stamps just go with your beautiful coloring like peanut butter and jelly! (Well, anything would go with your beautiful coloring, but these look so great colored by you!)
I buy almost all of my paper online now. My Independent LSS closed and Micheals and Joann's are just so behind in new product....I do occasionally buy something that doesn't look as good in person, and I'm sure I miss stuff that would really grab me in person, but at least we have that option now! :-)Traci

Imke said...

Cute image, beautiful coloring and fantastic paper, very nice !

Kimberly said...

This is super sweet! I love the sweet image and you colored her perfectly! Love the paper, layout and the button. I just love it all :)

Theresa said...

Sandra, your card is just darling. The image is just wonderful. Your coloring is always amazing.

I would love to have chucked a sickie today - I need spring break to get here.

Hugs - Theresa

Danni said...

What a cute card! I always am in awe of your gorgeous coloring!

Kim said...

Your cards are just fabulous, Sandra! Every. single. one. of. them. You've been on my sidebar for awhile now, but I'm missing too much. Into my feed reader you go! Now I won't miss a single one of your creations!

Mary Giles said...

Sandra this couldn't be any sweeter!!! Your coloring is just gorgeous and those pretty pinks just makes you want to smile.

kadie said...

She certainly is a sweet pea!! I really love this layout and the colors! I have to have to get these adorable stamps!

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! You've done wonders with this little lady!

The Spotted Chick said...

Eeeeeeekkkk!! I LOVE HER!! Awesome card Sandra! Your coloring is just stunning and I love this layout too!

Kelly Schelske said...

She's so very sweet!

I buy almost exclusively online..take the plunge:-)

Linda L said...

Hi Sandra, I have only just recently discovered your blog and I can't stop coming back again and again. What you do with SU! markers amazes me. With everyone so swept away with the Copic craze of late it's refreshing to see someone colouring so beautifully with the old faithfuls....and you achieve so much light in your images I just adore them. Thanks for restoring my faith in my SU! colours. Cheers! L

Related Posts with Thumbnails