Sweet Kisses

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top of the mornin' to ya! And Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

I'm part Irish...I think. Well, my maiden name was McDermott, so I'm pretty sure I'm part Irish! LOL And yes, I went from a 'Mc' (Irish) to a 'Mac' (Scottish) and I'm sure my ancestors are rolling in their graves because of it! We're going out for bangers and mash tonight, and maybe a pint to wash it all down too. :D Are you doing anything special today?

Today's Whimsical Wednesday challenge is a sketch by little Nikolas Diedrich. It's a pretty easy one and perfect for those little stamps we all have. You can check out the details on the Diedrich Dare blog and while you're there, check out what this week's featured daredevil, Sara Henton, has created!

The last time I used this Love Bug Cupid image from The Character Cafe, I used the little butterfly, so this week I decided to use Mr Skunk instead.

He's really cute with the butterfly, but the nice thing about digital images, is that you can print all of the image or just part of it. And the other nice thing is that you can resize them, which I did so I could get Mr. Skunk to fit inside this center panel. Yep, he's a skunk and I colored him in brown. I had to - black didn't go with the rest of the card! ;)

Need more inspiration?? Check out what the rest of the Daredevils came up with:

Unfortunately, this is my last card for the Whimsical Wednesday challenge. I haven't been able to manage my time very well since returning to full time work, so I had to make a tough decision and say goodbye to the Daredevils. I've had a great time creating these cards! Thanks for the fun times girls!!

Supplies
Stamps:
The Character Cafe 'Love Bug Cupid' and TGF 'Sweet Messages'
Inks: Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Bittersweet Collection'
Access: Ribbon, EK Success Corner Punch, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Sponges, Dimensionals

7 Comments:

JenRaff said...

What a beautiful card! So cute :)

kadie said...

He's so sweet! Beautifully done. I love that image inside the scalloped circle.
I think it's awesome that you and I both did pink/heart cards today! lol

Andrea Murdock said...

this card is uber schweet!!!! so cute!

Judy McMullen said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you too, Sandra! Hope you're wearing the green today even if your darling card is mostly pink! LOL

*Susan* said...

Aw, Sandra, this is so "stinking" cute! There, I said it. Ha-Ha! Oh my what a cute little skunk - he's adorable! And the paper is so yummy and Pink! Ooo I simply adore pink, and think I sometimes use it too much - but I love it amd can't help myself! Super sweet creation! {hug}

Sara Henton said...

I like your skunk in brown, maybe he was rolling in mud ;) I'm gonna miss ya sweetie. MWAH & HUGS!!

kris said...

what a wonderful creation Sandra!!! this skunk is too cute!! i will miss you on the team, but i know where to stalk you!! hehe!! Best wishes to you!! Hugs!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails