Love Bug

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Wednesday and only two more days until the weekend! Yay!

Good Morning! Can you tell I'm excited for the weekend to get here?! I've been anxiously waiting for the Alice in Wonderland movie to come out for six months and now it's only two more days away! :D *doing my happy dance*

For today however, I have a fun Whimsical Wednesday/Diedrich Dare challenge for you all. It's a sketch by the talented little tyke, Jack Diedrich! It also happens to be the first challenge of a new month and that means this week's sketch is sponsored! :D

The sweet gals at The Character Cafe are giving away a $10 gift certificate to one lucky winner this week. They have a whole store full of great digi images, so you'll have lots to choose from. All the Daredevils were generously given a digi or two to play with. Please pop on over to the WW blog to check out the sketch and this week's featured daredevil - Jacquie Peifer! But before you do that, here's what I did with my digi:

I chose Love Bug Cupid since I can't resist cute little animals in love. :) I actually used half of the image, which is the nice thing about digi's - you can resize and crop them to your needs! I used reinkers to color this cutie patootie in and then added some sparkle to it's wings with a Sakura Stardust pen.

To see some more images from The Character Cafe, please check out what the other Daredevils created with their digi's:
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Supplies
Stamps:
The Character Cafe 'Love Bug Cupid', Stamping Bella 'Love Is In The Air'
Inks: Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - My Minds Eye 'Home 6x6 Glitter Pad Collection'
Access: Sakura Stardust Gel Pen, Buttons, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

16 Comments:

Sara Henton said...

SO stinkin adorable it's not even funny!!! Just love it

Jen Shults said...

This is fantastic Sandra! I love how you colored that cute little butterfly!! And your background paper is stunning! Love this!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Just how cute is that little lovebug? Great card!

Anonymous said...

this is a total awwww card. I love it!

karen said...

I agree with Michelle... awwwwwwww
I love its simplicity in layout, but POW! in effect!

Jessica Diedrich said...

What a fantastic take on the sketch! This is AWESOME! Your coloring is COMPLETELY amazing and I agree w/ Karen (*who agrees w/ Michelle) LOL! POW in effect for sure! You are FABULOUS, my friend!a

Unknown said...

Sandra...How sweet is this card?!! Love your colouring and that DP is just perfect!! Beautiful creation! Xx

Christi Flores said...

Oh how sweet! I love that image!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra this is so pretty and I love the colors you used on this card and your coloring as always is totally wonderful!!!

Amazing Job this week.

Heather

Kim R. said...

Beautiful card!!!

Unknown said...

aaawwww, sandra...this is precious! what a sweet image, and your coloring is perfection!

kris said...

Girl you got hit with the LOVE bug because this is surely LOVEABLE! i LOVE it!!! full of cuteness!

kadie said...

This little love bug is so sweet!! I love the red, pink and green combo and those BUTTONS! Love the buttons!

The Spotted Chick said...

Isn't he the cutest!! Love the DP and the soft colors. Oh and that image is ADORABLE!!

Randi said...

So adorable Sandra! Your coloring is so soft and lovely as always! I love that faded pink background you colored! And, those little button accents are so cute.

Kendra said...

Adorable... love your colouring and it's the perfect sentiment too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails