Relax....This Won't Hurt A Bit!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good Morning All!

I have been looking forward to showing you all this card since I made it last week. My friends Mary and Kadie have started the monthly card kit back up again. We took a bit of a break over the holidays and now we're back and ready to roll!

Mary was kind enough to cover for me this month and I was so excited when I opened her package because it had some images I've been LONGING to color! Those kooky girls from Kraftin Kimmies Stamps! :D

I think I love these images because they remind me of the characters in Tim Burton's movies; slightly twisted and demented yet as sweet as can be! LOL Mary gave us tons of double sided paper and it was hard to choose which side to use, but I eventually settled on the reds and oranges with a splash of blue and green. I didn't have the perfect sentiment to go along with this image and my printer was packed away, so I settled on this one since it was a bit 'tongue in cheek'. ;)

Drucilla's hair was really hard to do with the reinkers, but I eventually decided to leave highlights where their were rises in her hair and shadows in low areas. It turned out ok, I think. I bet Copics would have done a better job, so I'm eager to see how the girls colored their images in!

Here's a close up of the image for you to see where I put the shadows and highlights. Still need to work on leaving highlights though. Reinkers are hard because you can't use a blender pen to remove any color. Once it's on, it's on for good!
I'm off to check out Mary and Kadie's cards, so thanks for dropping by again today! Tomorrow is another Farm Fresh Friday challenge and maybe an Etsy post too! ;)

Supplies
Stamps: Kraftin Kimmie Stamps 'Drucilla', The Greeting Farm 'Light Up - retired'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Cranberry Crisp, Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot
Papers: Watercolor paper, Bazzil Basics, PP - unknown
Access: Prima Flowers, Button, DMC Thread, Spellbinders Labels Nesties, Kaisercrafts 'Adhesive Rhinestones, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

15 Comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Sandra! Drucilla is fabulous! Stunning colouring!

Kit said...

what a gorgeous card I love your colouring in its so professional looking

Mary Giles said...

What a marvelous layout and gorgeous coloring as always!!! Even with copics I had a hard time with the hair too. I think yours turned out perfect. I love the curved panel and the splash of blue. I had such fun with these but even better knowing that I was "stamping" with you girls. :)

~amy~ said...

sooooo fun sandra!!

MiamiKel said...

These stamps are the best! I'm so in love with them - what a terrific layout! Your coloring, as always, is spot on :) Great job!

Tasha said...

These are amoung my favourite stamps - so kooky and totally burton!
I love the colours you have used and design, your colourwork is sensational
love tasha xx

JenRaff said...

This is a great card!! Love the colors! You did a great job with the hair -- That's what I feel I look like at the end of the day! A bit crazed :)

kadie said...

Oh I LOVE it!! I think you did a faublous job with her hair!! AND your sentiment is hilarious...very Tim Burton-esk "relax, this won't hurt one bit..."muahahahaha! :) Super fun layout and I love all the stitching. It's so fun to play with you girls!!

Gabriela said...

Honestly Sandra, you've outdone yourself with this watercolor. You absolutely nailed the hair color. Black was the perfect choice and I love the lights against the darks. If I hadn't racked up such a tall tab with you already, I'd be ordering some of these too. :(

Imke said...

Stunning Card ! I like the layout, the colors and your coloring is fantastic !

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Beautiful job Sandra! I love that image and your coloring is perfect like always :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card. The "relax" cracks me up and it almost makes you apprehensive.

Unknown said...

SANDRA!!! OMGosh Dru is just GORGEOUS... I am going to have to link you to Kimmie cause she is just going to LOVE this card!! LOVE IT!!! Can you tell??!! Xx

Crafty Math Chick said...

Sandra, you really are a master colorist. WOW!

~Meredith

Anonymous said...

I freakin' love this one! You rock these girl! Everytime I 'gasp' at your stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails