TSG45: Yellow Spring Flowers

Monday, March 8, 2010

A happy Monday morning to you all!

What a WONDERFUL weekend we had here in New Hampshire!! It was in the 50's both days and I think I even felt my skin start to tingle a bit! :D Spring is definitely on it's way people! Perfect timing too, because I need some sun in my life!

Today's There She Goes Challenge (TSG45), brought to you by little ole' me, is all about sun and spring flowers. I'm challenging everyone to create a card or project using flowers and the color yellow in it. When I dreamed this challenge up, it was still snowing here and I was hoping it encourage Spring to start a little early this year, and you know what?? I think Mother Nature heard me!


I also chose this challenge because yellow is an easy color for me to play with so I figured I'd at very least challenge myself. And I had originally envisioned a predominately white and yellow card with lots of flowers on it, so imagine my surprise when I finally settled on this paper from Kaisercraft and some brown Bazzil paper! Talk about doing a 180!

I used the recently released Dance mini set which went so well with the Kaiser paper. Dance is TSG's first Stamps For A Cause set with $4 from each set sold being donated to the Amyloidosis Support Group in loving memory of Jess's friend, Linda Winner, who passed away from this disease this past January. It really is a beautiful set and creates the most striking flowers.

The layout is this week's sketch from Taylored Expressions (TESC103).

Now it's your turn. Create your card that features flowers and incorporates the color yellow, then head over to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the Mr. Linky that is located at the bottom of the challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (Mar. 15). The winner will receive a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! And have a great week!

Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Dance'
Inks: StazOn 'Timber Brown', Morning Marigold, More Mustard, Close To Cocoa, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Kaiser Scrapbook 'Esther's Guestlist'
Access: American Crafts Ribbon, Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Spellbinders Small Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestie, Adhesive Rhinestone, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Nestibilties

14 Comments:

Juls said...

beautiful sentiment! Love the combo of all the fonts!! love the gorgeous DP you have used with it..such a striking card! Hugs Juls

Theresa said...

Sandra, beautiful card. Your work just amazes me. I love how the DP compliments the stamped flower. It's perfect!

I played with watercoloring this weekend...I did two cards (both on my blog) I tried to do the background like you, but it wouldn't spread as flawless as yours. I'm taking a watercolor class next month - I can't wait!

Have a wonderful day.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Sandra! This just got a WOW out of me! It's so beautiful and rich in detail - what a stunning quote as well - superb!

Anonymous said...

Wow - amazing color and then yellow! It works so well and it's so beautiful. LOVE IT!

Jen Shults said...

This is a beautiful card. I really love the colors you've used and your layout is fantastic. :D

Imke said...

The colors looks so great together. I like the DP and your layout. Great sentiment too.

Unknown said...

Sandra...This card is just so gorgeous...I LOVE that sentiment and the flowers are just perefct with it!! Beautiful choice of colours to!! This was a great challenge!! Xx

Unknown said...

beautifully done, sandra! gorgeous papers, distressing, and coloring...simply gorgeous!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This is gorgeous Sandra!! I absolutely love the color you used on the flower!!

Tasha said...

Oh this is really beautiful, fabulous colours
love tasha xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful quote and gorgeous color scheme. Great card to share, TFS!
Hugs,
Cabio

kadie said...

Beautiful beautiful!! This is one of my favorite sayings and the card you've created to showcase it is, well, BEAUTIFUL!!

Betty J Schaub said...

oh my! this is gorgeous! love the pp.

Taylor said...

Hi Sandra! You are just so super talented! Love your cards! Thanks for participating in the TESC103 sketch challenge! Once again, your card was selected as one of our Top Crops! It is absolutely gorgeous! Check it out here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/03/tesc103-top-crops.html

Here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails