FFF: Birthday Card

Friday, March 12, 2010

Good Morning everyone!!

Soooo glad it's Friday! I had a pretty intense week at work so I, for one, am looking forward to a bit of a break. We're heading to Bennington, VT tomorrow to putter around there and maybe even pick up a piece or two of Bennington Pottery. Love their pottery!!

Today's Farm Fresh Friday challenge is to create a birthday card!! Don't you think we should have this challenge every week?? I could keep my birthday card stash constantly stocked if we did. :)

I decided to color up Toby Cub-digi up for my birthday card because....well, because he's in his birthday suit! ;) And yes, I successfully managed to print out a digital image! Woohoooo! The Staples print and copy people are now my BFF's and will be seeing a whole lot more of me in the future. No more sneaking into my old work place! Hahaha!

As usual I colored him up with my reinkers and aquapainter brush and I used our very own Critter Crew Mercy's (MTSC64) sketch. The papers are from K&Company's Carolyn Greenhouse collection.

Here are the links to check out what the Farmer's and Critter Crew created for today's challenge:

Jessica Diedrich
Cheryl Walker
Cindy Haffner
Kadie Ensley
Kim Nath
Mary Giles
Melyssa Connolly
Randi Wall
Heather Schlatter
Jami Bova
Mercy Kerin
Sparkle Smith

I am hoping to do some SERIOUS blog hopping tonight since I haven't been able to for a while now. I mean really?? Who in our IT department decided that Blogger was a 'social networking' site and needed to be blocked?! It's seriously cutting into my inspiration absorbing time people! Pphhfft! ;)

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!

Supplies
Stamps
: The Greeting Farm
'Toby Cub-digi', There She Goes 'Holiday Tags'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand, Certain Celery, Close To Cocoa
Papers: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'Carolyn Greenhouse Collection'
Access: Ribbon, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

12 Comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Gotta love those IT guys, lol. Your card is darling! Have a fabulous weekend!

~amy~ said...

I know...what the heck? Our IT dudes cut off my Pandora access...grrrrrr....I'm waiting for them to cut off blogger/typepad & wordpress...that's the day I get really grouchy..LOL..I'll calm down now since my man is in IT...hahaha

Happy friday my friend...love your happy card for today:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh makes me SMILE!!

Kim said...

Adorable, and I agree with cindy, just looking at it makes me smile too!

Heather Schlatter said...

Wow Sandra this is so cute your coloring is perfection and I love how all of us used different images this week last week the 3 returning girls all used the same image and the two new girls both used the same image funny how it all works out even when we do not know what the other girls are going to do!!!!

Love the sewing and the papers and that off set Birthday Sentiment too!!!!

Heather

Judy McMullen said...

What a bright and cheerful birthday card, Sandra! Perfect for just about everyone. And I agree...we need more birthday card challenges 'cause I never have enough of those. BTW, love your TSG's Friday dollar inspiration...so cute and pretty! Have fun blog hopping!!

kadie said...

AWE-SOME!! I love love that you used Toby Cub for this challenge! Brilliant coloring and I really like that little scalloped border along the bottom---it's subtle but def adds a little somethin somethin. AWESOME!
Have a great weekend, My dear!

Unknown said...

love him, love, him, love him sandra! gorgeous coloring, layout, and dp!

Jami said...

Beautiful card! Love those papers, and your coloring is amazing! Gosh darn those IT guys...hope you have fun hopping!

*Susan* said...

Now this is just one of the most adorable birthday cards I've seen! OMGosh the image is adorable and, of course, simply colored to perfection! Love the sweet papers, too. What a bummer about the IT guys - I have a mostly love/sometimes hate relationship with ours. LOL! I hope you have a great weekend and score some amazing pottery. Hmm, perhaps you could use some as inspiration for a challenge! BTW I love your Friday Etsy window shopping. Keep the diamonds - give me pearls! Although pearls can look even more amazing accented with diamonds... {hug}

Mary Giles said...

I feel ya...even though I can get on...I really shouldn't and I'm trying to be good about it. Your toby card is absolutely adorble. Great choice of fun papers and of course colored to perfection.

Tasha said...

Super cute card! I love the mix of colours and papers. The colourwork on the image is super
love tasha xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails