FFF: Down The Rabbit Hole!

Friday, March 5, 2010

# "I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!" #

Why? Because finally, today, the most anticipated release of a movie since Twilight is open to the public! Alice in Wonderland is here and I have tickets to see it tomorrow at an IMAX theatre in 3D!! Can you imagine how insane that is going to be seeing it on a HUGE screen and have everything jumping out at you?!? =)

We're all about Tim Burton and his movies in our house and my little girl is especially excited about Alice. When we went to see A Christmas Carol at the cinemas before Christmas, they showed a preview of Alice in Wonderland and as soon as the trailer ended, Syd exclaimed "Awesome!!" which had everyone around us in stitches! LOL If my girl was a sensitive soul, I absolutely wouldn't allow her to see it but she loves fantastical movies and Alice is definitely fantastical!

Which brings me to this week's Farm Fresh Friday challenge from The Greeting Farm....DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE WE GO! Your challenge, from our resident Alice fanatic, is to create an Alice inspired card to celebrate the opening of the movie.

I actually bought the TGF's Wonderland set when I was released in rubber, but because I'm part of the Critter Crew, I used Maggie the Bunny instead. Did you know she's related to the Hare from Wonderland?!? Well, she could be! ;) To create my Alice inspired card, I used some paper from Basic Grey's Eerie collection since it has a dark and mysterious mood to it and the colors seemed to match perfectly with those in the Alice Posters I've seen around. All the layers were sponged with Distress Inks and machine stitched for some added depth and texture. The sentiment is from the Wonderland set and will you please look at how many rhinestones I used on this card?!? That's more than I ever have used before!! Farmer Randi inspired me to be brave. :D

If you're still a bit stumped for ideas, definitely check out what the Farmers did for this challenge:

Jessica Diedrich
Cheryl Walker
Cindy Haffner
Kadie Ensley
Kim Nath
Mary Giles
Melyssa Connoly
Randi Wall

And we have a special surprise for you! The Crafty Critter Crew are back for another term!! Yep, Jess couldn't let us go and begged us to stay! (Alright, she didn't really beg, but you get the idea!) But that’s not all - please help me welcome two new gals to the Critter Crew, who will be designing alongside Mercy, Sparkle and myself??

Jami Bova
Heather Schlatter

We're all so excited to have them on the team with us for the next 5 months! So you'll see a whole lot more Critters running around on the farm now! :D

Thanks so much for stopping by this morning! A little later on today I have some more Etsy Friday Finds for you to ogle and drool over! ;)


Supplies
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm
'Maggie Bunny' and 'Wonderland'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Ballet Blue, Not Quite Navy, Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, Going Gray, Distress Inks 'Frayed Burlap and Black Soot'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Eerie Collection'
Access: Ribbon, Spellbinders Large Oval and Labels Four Nestibilities, Adhesive Rhinestones, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Glossy Accents, Dimensionals

16 Comments:

Randi said...

So CUTE Sandra!! Ha, I love that you 'indulged' with your rhinestones!!!! It looks AMAZING!! Such a beautiful mix of DPs and you know how much I love that ribbon!
And is that some of the original BG in the background of the photo?? Are you hoarding it, too?!?! I have a bunch of it untouched..stashed away. ;o)

I am going to see Alice tomorrow, too! Maybe we'll be watching it simultaneously! :o) Have fun!

Sparkplug17 said...

Have fun! I can't wait to go either, though it'll be awhile. I love the rhinestones and such a fabulous card!

Unknown said...

lady...this is simply gorgeous! i have my tickets, too...but mine are for saturday. hoping to miss the HUGE premiere night crowd...going in the afternoon instead. hope you have a wonderful time!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS, just GORGEOUS!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card hun!!! I love the colors you used, and your layout!!!! Have fun at the movie!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Not quite sure how a card can be dark and cute at the same time but you managed it totally. Just amazing as always!

Jen Shults said...

This is soooo gorgeous Sandra. I love the rich colors in the background and that gorgeous ribbon!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is freakin' AMAZING! I LOVE the addition of the ribbon and pearls and you colored Maggie up phenomenally! What a beautiful creation-Thanks for going along w/ my Alice mania LOL! ENJOY the movie!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra,

This card is over the top wonderfully amazing I love all the rhinestones and yea you for taking inspiration from our Amazing Randi!!! You are always so creative anyway but I adore this card and your use of papers and colors and bling!!!

So excited to be joining you guys on the Critter Crew and can not wait to see what you all have in store for us in the coming months!!!

Heather

kadie said...

GORGEOUS!! I love all the BLING and distressing!! Have a great weekend, My Dear!

*Susan* said...

I just had to stop by for a much-overdue Sandra fix! {HUG} Oh my stars, this is FABulous! The papers you chose are perfect, and ooo, I just LOVE the black bling and the scrumptious polka dot bow! Yummy! I simply *must* get my hands on some of the Critters this weekend! Love it! {hug}

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

This is CRAZY cute! I love everything about it. The details are amazing.
:) Rachel

Jami said...

oh my gosh....totally drooling over this! Love those colors, and Maggie just pops right off the card. GORGEOUS! I'm thrilled to get to design with you again!! These critters are the cutest!

WickedPixie said...

Ooh, Sandra, your card is GORGEOUS! :-)Traci

Theresa said...

Hi Sandra, amazing card!!

I hope you enjoy(ed) the movie. I am not a Tim Burton fan so it's not on my list of need to see.

Take care.

The Spotted Chick said...

I LOVEEEE The Critter Crew!! You do such AWESOME work with these little critters. Such an enabler you are!! I feel another TGF order comin' on!! LOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails