A Catchy Name

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hellooooo Everyone!

If you haven't discovered already, CCEE Stampers is an group of seriously talented stampers that got together to create challenges for themselves and anyone that wished to play along. One of those challenges is what they like to call the 'Catchy Name Featured Stamper' (CNFS) challenge. This is where they pick a stamper on SCS that has a catchy name and they make cards with that theme in mind. This week's CNFS is Jessica Rone AKA Knightrone!


I don't own any knight stamps, but over the Christmas holidays I was given a card kit by my dear friend on SCS, Karen. (Thank you Karen!) The stamp is from Elzybells, which I have none of either, but they are super cute!! I used the SU cardstock, the pink Basic Grey patterned paper and the ring embellishments from Karen's kit. I added the gold patterned paper and the ribbon to pull the whole card together.

I really like how this turned out! It's not your typical wedding card, so I'd probably give it to someone who just announced their engagement instead. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who was recently engaged. I will have to sit in my box of ready-to-send cards for now...until my friend Karen has some news of her own! :D

____________________________________

Blog Candy Alert!

One of my favorite designers is Kim Teasdale, of Paper In The Works fame. I spend copious amounts of time drooling over her cards (no, not literally!) But shame on me because I've only just noticed that she has some INCREDIBLE blog candy up for grabs. How incredible?!? Try 13 sets of stamps kind of incredible!! Seriously! You'd better hurry if you would like to win them because Kim's drawing a winner tomorrow!


Supplies
Stamps: Elzybells 'Knight & Princess', MFT 'Everyday Sentiments'
Inks: Creamy Caramel, Morning Marigold, Pretty In Pink, Pink Passion, Going Grey, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Black Soot, Tattered Rose & Vintage Photo'

Papers: Whisper White, Georgia Pacific cs, More Mustard, Pink Passion, PP - Basic Grey
Access: Ribbon, metal ring embellishments, Stickles, dimensionals, sponges

13 Comments:

Silli said...

Oh Sandra, your card is fab. Love the coloring and the colors... Great... Big hugs Silke

Cindy Haffner said...

Cute, cute, cute, thanks for playing.

kadie said...

What a fun idea to use rings! And you keep thinking you're embie challenged...as if! I love the turned up square in the layout too, very cool! What a sweet card.

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Sandra!! Such a great idea for a wedding card!! :)

*Susan* said...

Aw, what a sweet card!! Love how you used the rings!!
{HUGS}

Jacilynn said...

Love this. These images are darling. love the rings!

LINDA said...

This is absolutely adorable..Love the image..
Hugs, Linda

Heather Schlatter said...

O.K.

You know I love this card for more reasons than one!!!

First and Foremost!!!

Yep you guessed it NO BROWN - gold does not count!!!! LOL!!!!

Second of all I love your coloring and I love the images!!!

Third of all the layout is adorable!!!

So so so cute!!!

Heather

Janna said...

Sandra!!! i love, love, love it!!! The gold and pink is perfect and I love this sweet little image! this layout is definitely going in my stash of sketches! That diamond is to die for!!! Love the gold rings as well! Such a fun, fun card!

Smiles,
janna

Christi Flores said...

This is the sweetest card!!!!

Mothermark said...

I just left a comment for you on this at SCS! Its an adorable card with a really great image! Your coloring is very nice! Thanks for making this awesome card joining us in our challenge!

Rachel Hope said...

Awww, so sweet! I just Love it!

Mary Giles said...

I think any couple would love to receive this card. It is soooo sweet. Well if you don't have a wedding or engagement...how about an anniversary? You know "You are my knight in shining armor." mushy stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails