You Can Do It!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Tuesday already and you know what that means - another sketch challenge from the very talented Madelynn. I sometimes have to remind myself that she's 8 years old!

This week's sketch is another great one...except for one thing: it uses oval nesties! It's a conspiracy I tell you! LOL There's a plot to make me give in and buy some! hahaha Not really. The sketch is meant to be a guide, so I just substituted the ovals for rectangles instead. :)

This week I used this pitcher image from Doggone Stamps. I have like zero (ok, maybe one) boy images so I had to snag this one! He's called Pitcher for obvious reasons! I love his expression and the way his hair pops out the sides of his cap. I showed DH the card and all he could see was that there wasn't a B on the cap for his beloved Boston Redsox! Poor guy. :)

For those of you who love their dogs and would love some dog stamps, Doggone Stamps has added some really, really fun images that you need to check out. My friend Lorie created a card recently using the Nikko stamp which is just too doggone cute for words! Love it Lorie!!

Getting back to my card, it's a really simple card, but great for a guy don't you think? And would you look at that - I can use the color blue on a card! LOL This one's for you Heather! hehe I was telling Heather last week about how I have an aversion to the color blue on cards. Truth be told, I had my eyes closed the whole time I made this card.... ;)

Want to see more cards using Madelynn's sketch?? Check out Madelynn's blog for this week's featured designer who happens to be the very fabulous Heather Schlatter I was just talking about! The rest of the Twinkling team have some spectacular cards this week too! If you'd like to play along, please upload your card using the keyword MTTSC12 and post a comment on Madelynn's blog post linking back to your creation!

I wanted to mention that I have been given some blog awards over the past week or so which I'm very, very thankful for, but I unfortunately don't have enough hours in the day to comment or participate in all of them. I hope those who have nominated my blog understand this dilemma and know that I do sincerely appreciate the sweet gestures ((hugs)). Thank you to all of you.

Tomorrow I have a really FUN Whipper Snapper card to show you!

Supplies
Stamps: Doggone Stamps 'Pitcher', sentiment by MFT
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Not Quite Navy, Cool Caribbean, Really Rust, Old Olive, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Canson watercolor, Bazzil cs, PP - K & Company 'Day Dreams Collection'
Access: Ribbon, dimensionals

13 Comments:

Kimmie said...

love the shadowing

Bonnie said...

I can't say enough about how much I LOVE this!! Your colouring is awesome, as usual!, but this stamp is too cute! Love where you placed the sentiment and that gold ribbon is perfect! Tell your husband that "T" would be the appropriate letter - for Toronto Blue Jays. Let me know what he says when he gets up off the ground laughing!

Janna said...

How did you figure out the conspiracy so quickly? I thought we were all being so sly about it! You are just too smart! So is it working are you goign to get some! LOL! Seriously though this card is amaizng!!!! You are such an inspiration to me! I love to visit your blog and look at your great creations! Your coloring is beautiful and I adore the gold ribbon! So wonderful! I know heather will be proud of the blue! Now if we can just get her to use brown life would be perfect1 LOL!

smiles,
janna

Lorie said...

This is a great guy card, Sandra. His expression and hat hair are both adorable, and as always you brought him to life with your beautiful watercolor work. Thanks for the shout out on the Nikko card. Those Dog Gone stamps are doggone fun!!! :-)

Heather Schlatter said...

Well it does not have to be Nesties you could use Stencils which is the only thing I have ovals in, and I did that a few weeks ago for Madelynn's Ovals, but today I just did not want to trace and cut out ovals so I just used my Scallop Circle Nesties instead. I did order Oval Nesties about a month ago there was a store offereing Nesties at 40% off and free shipping I got like 9 sets then, but they still have not shipped from Spell binders to the store and then they have to ship from the store to me, so Yes I believe it is a conspiracy even if you have paid for Oval Nesties you can NOT have them!!!!

Love all the Blue ah I can breath a sigh of relief today not brown I am not having trouble breathing and all with my severe allergy!!!

Love that Boy Image I am starting to get some since I now have a 1 year old baby boy, but I did not have any for a long time!!! Your coloring is awesome by the way!!!

Heather

kadie said...

buy some nesties...buy some nesties...buy some...teehee
well, you were an enabler first! haha.

I really like this card. It's refreshing to see a boy card and I really like that image a lot. I think the sentiment is a perfect fit as well. Another great card, Sandra!

Danni said...

This is an awesome card! It is such a great "boy" stamp. Amazing coloring!
Great job!

Cassie said...

you are amazing - AMAZING!!! Your coloring is just gorgeous!! And I love the shading you did around him - will have to remember that trick!!
i resisted the urge to buy the oval nesties - this week at least!

Silli said...

hello dear Sandra, your card is so sweet. I love the inage, your coloring is fab! great sketch...! Have a beautiful day...and many thanks for the Hanna info...;-) Big hugs from Silke...

*Susan* said...

Your coloring is just amazing! I know I keep saying that, but it is! And I *never* would have thought to use gold ribbon---it looks great!!

I had a fab time at the Hanna party last night! I went right over and bought 2 Rileys and 3 Sophies! LOL It definintely inspired me to get down to creating again!
{HUGS}
Susan

Christi Flores said...

Your coloring is gorgeous! I love this!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love boy cards! Thanks for the inspiration! You could always go low tech for the ovals and go with colzzle ya know! Nesties are great but we did cut ovals before they were invented! Use a 40% off coupon at mikes and it should be a steal!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Madelynn. I love this card and thank you for playing my sketch. This card reminds me of my brothers. I like the way you colored the boy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails