Happy Twinkling Birthday

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A happy Tuesday to you all!

And that means it's Twinkling Challenge day! This week we have a Temporary Twinkie. Cathy Cunningham's 9 year old daughter, Brittany has created a fabulous sketch for everyone and one that I couldn't wait to tackle. You can see the sketch over at Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday blog and this week's featured stamper happens to be me! :D


As soon as I saw Brittany's sketch I immediately thought of my decorative scalloped edge scissors. I swear those things have paid for themselves 1o times over! I pulled out my neglected Dress Up Lily stamp set for this card because I needed to make a birthday card this week for a very colorful friend. I stamped Lily out on some watercolor paper, cut her out and layered her on some patterned paper and cardstock for the center piece. I added the bottom scalloped edge to lighten up the hard lines of the square card. I had played with some different ideas for the two horizontal stripes but I thought this sheer ribbon worked best because it didn't detract from the main image.

Please check out the cards the other Twinkies have created with Brittany's sketch - GORGEOUS!! The DT list is, as always, in the bar on the left hand side. Tomorrow I have an easter card for you all. Thank you very much for stopping by today. :D

Supplies
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio 'Dress Up Lily', PaperTrey Ink 'Paper Tray'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Morning Marigold, Pink Passion
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Sandylion 'Candy Stripe', Scenic Route 'Loveland - Ruby Ave.'
Access: Ribbon, Fiskars circle cutter, decorative scissors, corner punch, circle punches, stickles, dimensionals

14 Comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this little girlie! Naturally she is coloured beautifully and I don't believe for a minute that you don't own the scalloped circle nestabilties!! I mean I believe it but what wonderful cutting! You wouldn't want to see mine at all without nestabilties and yes, I am too spoiled......but then again can we ever be too spoiled??!!

~amy~ said...

SWEET...a 9 year old sketcher?! fabulous! Congrats on being the featured stamper!!

kadie said...

I love everything about this card! It is FANTASTIC!! And I'm sure your "colorful" friend will adore it!!

Danni said...

You are amazing with your decorative scissors!! Awesome job!! Such a cute card!

Jacilynn said...

Love the DP, so bright and cheery. Gorgeous how you layered the scallops and love the sheer ribbon. another fabulous card. I'm a fan!

Janna said...

Sandra this is amazing!!! Totally blown away by your scissor skills! Truly and I love the way you scalloped the bottom and piereced the strips and bottom!!! I love the balloons and the great way you did the ribbon! Completely amazing!! i am so casing this one!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra,

I Loooooooooooove this card!!!! You did a great job on it and I do not just loooooooooove it because it is not showing one bit of that dreaded BR**n it is so stinking cute and I love all the colors and Lily is one of my favorite!!!! I get to be a Guest DT for Pink Cat later this year and I can not wait for my guest month!!!!

You ROCKED this sketch Sandra!!!!

Heather

Kimmie said...

The layering on this card really makes it POP. Awesome!

Kristi said...

very very nice!!

Lorie said...

This is so pretty! Love the diagonal DP, and the paper behind Miss Lilly. Her pigtails just crack me up, and of course your coloring is beautiful!!!

Cassie said...

this is just wonderful sandra!! totally sweet and happy little lily!!

Darla said...

Awesome job Sandra! Love the paper, and that is some serious cutting out you did on the image and the balloons! Love the scalloped scissors work too. Wow...love it!

Heather said...

This is totally adoarble! Your coloring is incredible! Great card!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very pretty and springy! love the diagnoal stripes. sorry I didn't leave this last week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails