Sneak Peek: Dress Up

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A happy Sunday to you all!

Introducing Dress Up Hanna! Isn't she a bombshell? Notice anything different about this Hanna? Dress Up Hanna is a paper doll stamp set - she has interchangeable dresses, shoes, handbags and jewelry!! So cool!

I wanted to make a super feminine card and so I used lots of sheer ribbon and this oh so pretty paper from Crate Paper (loooooove this collection!). The patterned paper is lightly sponged around the edges to give it some depth, and the circle panel (Canson watercolor paper) was also sponged with Antique Linen, but much more heavily. I cracked out the decorative scissors again to do the scalloped circle. When using the scissors, the scallopes never quite line up end to end, so I hide that section behind Hanna's head. The faux dew drops added just a bit of sparkle.

You all are going to have SOOO much fun interchanging her outfits and accessories!

I just couldn't help making this next card! When I saw this dress in the set I HAD to make a princess card for my little princess! I used Bazzil Bling paper for lots of sparkle. I think you can see it if you click on the image. I love this color combo don't you?! So colorful! I stamped the dress on some matching patterned paper, cut it out and ran the Sharpie around the edges to hide the white paper. I couldn't resist adding more sparkle to the card with adhesive rhinestones and some stickles on her earrings. And that ribbon has some sparkle to it too! Can't have too much sparkle on a card! LOL

Don't worry; Miss Hanna is very much covered in a very sexy little number underneath that figure-hugging dress!

I completely forgot to mention that this month's Guest Designers are Silke K. and Jennifer Buck. Please check out their wonderful work! They'll be partying with the rest of the DT tomorrow night. :)

Ok, that's just about it from me today. Don't forget, tomorrow night is the release party which starts at 9pm EST.....HERE!

Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Dress Up Hanna'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Morning Marigold, Pretty In Pink
Paper: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil cs, PP - Crate Paper Blue Hill Collection - 'Rain'
Access: Ribbon, faux dew drops, decorative scissors, Fiskars circle cutter, dimensionals

Card 2
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Dress Up Hanna', sentiment by MFT
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip,
Paper: Canson Watcolor, Bazzil Bling cs, PP - Making Memories 'Glitter Dots Pink' & We Are Memory Keepers 'White Out Collection - Hoopla-Thrill'
Access: Ribbons, adhesive rhinestones, Prima flower, sewing, dimensionals, decorative scissors, circle punhes, sponges, stickles

8 Comments:

*Susan* said...

I love this Hanna! I think because she's built more like me -- less on top, more on bottom! Ah-ha-ha-ha!

Both of these cards are fabulous!! I simply adore the colors on Card 1, and the gown on Card 2 is wowzah!

{HUGS}
Susan :-)

Silli said...

ohhhh, Sandra, the card s are so sweet and sexy... Love the lady and the dress... Great job... Happy sunday and hugs from Silke

Danni said...

Wow!! Great cards but that first one is amazing...love the soft, delicate feel to it!! Great job!

Vicki G said...

Both of your cards are absolutely Beautiful Sandra!!!!


Vicki

Anonymous said...

Sandra, as always your cards are amazing! These cards with the Dress Up Hanna are spectacular and oh so tempting me to get this stamp set! Left you some love in your SCS gallery. You indicated one of the techniques used was paper tole. What is that?

Tracey said...

These are both gorgeous cards Sandra!!

kadie said...

Great job with the Paper Piecing! And I love your use of dew drops and stickles! You're branching out in the embie category just fabulously! :)

Anonymous said...

wow - these are both GORGEOUS!! Love that stamp...I might need her!! Love her paper pieced dresses!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails