Sneak Peek: Rockin!

Saturday, February 28, 2009


I LOVE everything about the 80's! I love the movies and music from that decade, but the clothes I think can do without. Ok, almost everything then! Although, I did follow a few trends back then; like the ra-ra and bubble skirts, big hair, smiley shirts and I even owned a pair of white robot glasses! Seriously I did! And I was the coolest thing at camp that year!! LMBO!

I had a great time finding those webpages - almost as much fun as I had making this card for today's sneak peek! Introducing Rockstar Hanna!

She's wild isn't she?! I {heart} the cartoon Hanna's with their bright eyes! This set has some of the coolest individual stamps. I wanted to try show you a range of them, so I have two cards today that showcase 6 out of the 13 stamps in the set.

This first card uses the main image in the set. Hanna and the amp are really one stamp; I snipped off the 'cord' that links the guitar to the amp because I figured I'd accidently cut it off anyway! I cut around the edges of my 5.5" x 5.5" card with some scalloped decorative scissors. The patterned paper is by KI Memories and I used both sides of it. Since there were stars on the pp, I punched stars out with my Fiskars star punch from glitter and black cardstock for some added sparkle. This would make a great card for a teenager, don't you think??

Here's a much simpler card using 5 stamps from the new set. Can you spot them all? (The sentiment is by Hampton Art and I found it at Michaels.) Even though this is a completely different look to the first card, I like it just the same. The old Basic Grey paper makes it more edgier and even a bit manly don't you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great Saturday! I'll have another sneak peek for you tomorrow! Stay tuned.


Supplies
Card1
Stamps: Hanna Stamps 'Rockstar Hanna', sentiment by Studio G mini alphabet set
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pink Passion, Ruby Red, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil cs, glitter paper, PP - KI Memories 'Love Elsie - Roxie Collection'
Access: Ribbon, decorative scissors, Fiskars star punch, dimensionals, sponges

Card2
Stamps: Hanna Stamps 'Rockstar Hanna', sentiment by Hampton Arts
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Distress Inks 'Black Soot, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain'
Papers: Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey ' Aged & Confused and
Access: Ribbon, dimensionals, sponges

11 Comments:

Silli said...

OMG, Sandra, thats great... The image is so cool... The papers, the colors, the coloring...- FAB!!!! Hugs from Silke

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Sandra! I am loving this new set!!

Vicki G said...

OMG!!! These are AMAZING!!!!!

Fabulous!


Vicki

Christi Flores said...

This is totally rockin'!!! I love it!!

kadie said...

These BOTH rock my world! :) What a fun set and I absolutely love what you did with them. The simplicity of You Rock My World is genius!

Saskia said...

Lovely card!!!

Greetings,

Saskia

*Susan* said...

(using my best valley girl voice: oh my GAWD, these are TOTALLY COOL!

I often wonder how much of the hole in the ozone layer my friends and I created back in the late 70s / early 80s with all the hairspray we needed for our big hair! LOL!!

{hugs}
Susan

Anonymous said...

These are terrific images and love what you've done with them. Sure wish I had this set a year ago when I was trying to put a rock card together for my great-nephew who plays the guitar! You are really tempting me with this one!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fun card!! tfs!!
-t

Janna said...

Okay so here is the deal! We need ot find a time to meet before you go back to Australia so that i can stare at you while you make a card! I just wish I could make cards this awesome!!! You do such a great job of creating scenes and using sentiments in creative ways and well basically everything! teach me guru!!!! Seriously I love everything about these1 I desperately need this stamp set now! She is just too, too cute!!!

smiles,
janna

Kristi said...

I love this card. LOVE those boots!! HOLY COW!

Related Posts with Thumbnails