Greetings Club Anya!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

I hope you're all still having fun with the Club Anya celebrations!! I had a blast putting my part of the blog hop together for you. That was the first hop I've participated in. Could you tell?! I'm so green sometimes! Hahha

I promised I'd show my card in full and here she is! Did you guess correctly??

Mermaid Anya was one of the first Anya's I bought from The Greeting Farm (back when it was still known as Pink Poison) and I still love her most!! Those sparkles in her hair are just the perfect touch to her.

This is the first time I've done any REAL sewing on a card. I've always faked it with Zig pens and a paper piercer. My sewing machine had been packed away in our storage unit. I decided today was the day to dig it up and bring it out for this card! I practiced on a little bit of scrap paper first before touching any of my precious Basic Grey paper!

I used my aquapainter and SU inks to color Anya and added some diamond stickles to the sparkles in her hair. The faux dew drops (a Michael's find - long ago) and tile stickers are supposed to imitate air bubbles. I added the tiny pearls to the corners of the card to pull it all together.

Thanks so much for stopping by today on Superbowl Sunday. We are having a pretty low key day today since the New England Patriots aren't playing. I have HANNA STAMPS! sneak peeks to show you starting tomorrow, so I'll sign off for now and see you all then!

Supplies:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Mermaid Anya', sentiment by PaperTrey Ink
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Pretty in Pink, Certain Celery, Creamy Caramel
Paper: Bazzil Bling cs, Canson Watercolor paper, PP - Basic Grey 'Sultry Collection'
Access: Ribbon, stickles, faux dew drops, Kaiser Scrapbook pearls, EK Success tile stickers, dimensionals, sewing machine

12 Comments:

Rachel said...

Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

She is GORGEOUS....Love her pink hair and all those dew drops!!!

Melyssa said...

Wow this is a gorgeous card!! I love her, love the card, the colours, EVERYTHING!!

JenRaff said...

Very, very lovely!!!

Cathy said...

She is beautiful!! Her hair and the whole card is amazing!! I'm a huge fan!!

~amy~ said...

SWEET Anya card Sandra! You've colored her magnificently and GREAT sewing!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

A blissfully sweet creation:o) I love the soft colors, and your sewing is fabulous!!! Now, you need to sign me up not only for the watercoloring lessons, but the sewing lessons too!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Janna said...

Sandra this is absolutely awesome!!!! I love the pink and you are like an expert seamstress! I can't believe you sewed that circle!!! That is amazing! I just love the layout too! So perfect!

Smiles,
janna

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable Card!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl can you color!! I love your dew drops, and the colors are gorgeous!!

kadie said...

That's odd...I totally left a comment and it went poof. Anyway, as I was saying...

This card is so beautiful and soft. Very impressive job with the stitching! Thanks for a fun day, my friend!

Cassie said...

she took my breath away!! this card is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!! Sandra!!
and sewing - your first time w/ a machine?? it looks amzaing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails