Bad Hair Day??

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm not kidding - this pretty much looks like me when I wake up! Seriously. My hair is curly but thin, so it gets smushed, and crimped and flattened every which way while I sleep. I'm sure this is why my husband never gets up before me - probably too scared to roll over and look in my direction! LOL

I had colored this little guy up months ago and he just sat on my desk quietly waiting for me to put him on a card. Everytime I'd look at him I'd smile because...well, look at him: how can you NOT smile at a little guy with clown hair?! There's a sentiment on the inside that I forgot to take a picture of that says "I am only as strong as the coffee I drink and the hairspray I use." Hilarious isn't it?! I bought that sentiment from Whipper Snapper. The sentiment and image on the front are from Starving Artistamps. Just so you know, this is the big stamp version of the set. Doodle Factory offers a smaller scale set too.

I tried something a little different with this card; worked outside my comfort zone a bit, which is good every now and then, but I think it's definitely missing something. Brads? Ribbon? I couldn't think of it when making the card, so I just left it off. Still looks a bit empty, doesn't it?

Oh well. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget that tomorrow I start showing you sneak peeks of the new Hanna Stamps sets!


Supplies
Stamps: Starving Artistamps 'Doodle Factory Creatures' & 'Quirky Sentiments'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Cool Caribbean, Vintage Violet, Buckaroo Blue, Certain Celery, Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Scenic Route 'Asheville Collection - Scrap Strip 2'
Access: Dimensionals, paper piercer

8 Comments:

~amy~ said...

Sandra...this is soooo stinkin' fun...you crack me up...you've reminded me that I've been horribly neglecting my doodle factory friends..

Vicki G said...

I think he's adorable! Love the clean design!!!!


Vicki

Janna said...

I think it is perfect just the way it is Sandra! Really really beautiful! I adore the rainbow hair and the funky papers! Makes me smile too!

I am right there with you on the hair! Mine is curly and frizzy so I wake up every morning with a pillow buffant! Gotta love it!

Smiles,
janna

Danni said...

What a totally fun card!! This is just one of those cards you can't help but feel happy after seeing it! Great job!

Jenn said...

This card cracks me up! Love the sentiment! :D

Ellibelle said...

This is too cute! Love that hair!! Great choice of designer papers, just perfect for the image!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMG you crack me up, girl! I not only ADORE you and your work, but reading your posts. You crack me up! You did an awesome job coloring this little dude...ha ha and his tye-dye hair! This ROCKS! Too cute!

wendyp said...

omgosh! LOVE that hair! too cute and creative!

Related Posts with Thumbnails