You Wanna?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Hump day to you all!

I did warn you yesterday that today's card was not for the weak hearted!! Can you say Va Va Vooom?! Or rather Ooh La La!

That's the name of this digital stamp by Victoria Case and I gave this to my Man for Valentine's Day. I figured I should make a card for him since it was V-Day and if I didn't....well, my days might have been numbered in this new hobby of mine! LOL

I printed Mrs Ooh La La out on Georgia Pacific cardstock and watercolored her while listening to Trace Atkins 'Hot Mama' song. (That's the first time I've seen the video clip of this song and honestly - the song is WAY better without the visual! haha)

I didn't over embellish this card since it was for a man and once he got a load of the image, he wouldn't remember what the rest of the card looked like! But I did intentionally use the Martha Stewart edge punch to make the ribbon detail resemble a garter....a detail lost on my Man.

I left off the sentiment on the front and put it inside instead...

The verdict: The Man loved the card and had a great Valentines Day ;).....and told me I could continue to buy stamps if they all looked like this one! :) Thanks for stopping by today.

Supplies
Stamps: Victoria Case Art Designs 'Ooh La La' digital stamp, sentiment by Karen Foster's snap stamps
Inks: Creamy Caramel, Cool Caribbean, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Distress Inks 'Black Soot and Vintage Photo'
Paper: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - K & Company ' Brenda Walton Mira Designer Mat Pad'
Access: Ribbon, Micron pen, dimensionals, sponges

13 Comments:

Bonnie said...

Totally totally!!!! cute! Dang, my hubby would have flipped for that and maybe wouldn't scowl so much when I retreat to my stamp room!! haha!

Tracey said...

WOW! What a great card!

Cassie said...

too funny! what a great card!!! i will have to look into this stamp line i think!!!

kadie said...

I was wondering if we'd see this one from you (I checked out all the VC stamps after your last few cards with her stamps)! Dang, girlie, how long did it take you to color this temptress? She is colored to perfection! Oh my gosh and the sentiment is absolutely perfect. oh, and I like the border you did around the image.
I'm glad you get to keep your craft ;)

Jana M. said...

Wow, Sandra! Love it! Your watercoloring is fabulous!

Danni said...

What a great card! Amazing job coloring!! I'm sure your hubby loved it!

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh Wow Sandra!!! No this card is not for the week hearted that is for sure!!! However your card is totally sexy and the coloring is amazing too!!! Love it!!!!

I thought my card on Monday was really sexy, but I was wrong after I see this one!!!

Love it really truly do!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

What a great card! And what a lucky hubby!

Christi Flores said...

Wowza! I *wish* I looked that good in a maids outfit! LOL

Cathy said...

Sandra, What perfect coloring and design on this card. I actually went to the Victoria Case site the other night and saw this stamp but I didn't remember thinking it would look this good.
Super card, glad your hubby will let you keep crafting :)

Janna said...

Wow. wow, wowee, wow, wow! Super sexy!!! I know my husband would love this card too!!! LOL!!! Love the coloring and the sentiment cracked me up! Very nice card!!!!

Smiles,
janna

karen said...

Va Va Voom is right!
So is the kiddo goign to have a sibling right quick now?!

Anonymous said...

Wowie! My DH would've Loved that card! Geez! I need that stamp! :) Love the card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails