Thank you!

Friday, February 20, 2009

A happy Friday to you all!

The vivacious Vicki Garrett is hosting today's Hanna Stamps Challenge (HSC57) in the SCS forum and her embellishment of choice is....METAL!! A perfect companion for GI Jon Riley and Motorbike Riley.

I hate to say this again for the second time this week, but I really like how this card turned out! No, really, I do! I love the colors and the punches of white cardstock. I think the patterned paper helped me out a bit though. ;)

I stamped Riley with Distress Ink in Black Soot because it doesn't bleed with the Copics. I got out my special Riley Copic set and colored his body, boots and extremities in. Then, very carefully, with my aquapainter brush and more ink than water, I colored Riley's clothing in with reinkers. I say 'very carefully' because the Black Soot ink will bleed with water and reinkers. Since it was a small area, I took a risk.

Can you see my goof up? I used the reinkers to create a shadow on the ground and it looked more like a puddle of mud! So I pulled my sponges and Vintage Photo ink out and went to town all over the mistake! I used the Zig pen to add the grains of sand. I had originally left the area around Riley white, but it seemed too stark, so I lightly sponged around him too. Mistakes can be fixed! :D

I had some metal alphabet embellishments that had that coil thing on the back of it to slide onto the edge of paper, so I ripped it off and added some camo twill ribbon to it. Then I added the brushed metal eyelets to balance the whole card out.

Here's another quick one I did using Motorbike Riley.

We'd love for you to play along with us, so if you decide to, please use the keyword HSC57 and leave a link in the thread so we can leave some love for you.

Have a great weekend and I hope you squeeze in some stamping. Toodles!

Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: Hanna Stamps 'GI Jon Riley', sentiment by Studio G mini alphabet set
Inks: Distress Inks 'Black Soot', Riley Copic set, Old Olive, Morning Marigold Distress Inks 'Vintage Photo'
Paper: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - 'Creative Imaginations 'Army Emblem' and Reminisce 'Go Army'
Access: Twill ribbon, metal hardware, eyelets, dimensionals, sponges, zig pen

Card 2
Stamps:
Hanna Stamps
'Motorbike Riley', sentiment by Inkadinkado Clear Stamps 'Road Trip'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Versamark, Riley Copic set, Basic Grey, Ballet Blue, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Paper: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Crate Paper 'Static Collection - Gravity & Reaction'
Access: Marvy scalloped circle punches, eyelets, dimensionals, sponges

9 Comments:

Kimmie said...

What a HOT cared! I LOVE it... especially the ground under Riley!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok seriously this is amazing! I LOVE the layout and how you colored Riley in...you are amazing, girlie!

Danni said...

Amazing cards, especially love the first one! awesome!

Vicki G said...

Awesome Cards!!!!! You are one talented Chicka!!!!!

Vivacious...........heeeheeeee ummm I think I was a little over vivacious all week and I am feeling a bit like a wilted flower today..........haha!!!!

have a great weekend~!

Hugs,

Vicki

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Riley looks all rough and tough in these two cards!! LOVE it!! Love your coloring, dirt, dps, hardware...everything!! Awesome!!

*Susan* said...

Sandra, your cards are outta sight! My mouth always hangs open when I finally get some time to stalk your blog! Your talent is truly amazing.

{hugs}
Susan :-)

Heather Schlatter said...

Wow Saundra your Riley Military card is great!!! I love all your clean cut lines and the choises of papers is great too!!!

Your coloring is to die for amazing as well!! Great Card!!

Heather

Tracey said...

Your cards are just fantastic Sandra! I love Riley and your create with him so beautifully!

Jane Wetzel said...

These are so awesome! Love both cards --Strike is soooo darn cute -I may have to get this set....:) tfs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails