Got What?!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

There are many stark differences between Perth, Australia and Keene, New Hamphire. The most obvious difference; Perth is a sprawling city of a little over 2 million people and Keene is a quaint New England town of almost 23,000. You can imagine my surprise the first time I saw tractors driving downtown or when I found out that my neighbor's favorite pasttime was playing with his chainsaw! No Sandra, you're not in Kansas anymore! LOL

After a few years these differences dulled a little and I wouldn't react quite so shocked when neighbors would talk about their hunting trips. That said though, I was downright quesy when I first saw the 'Gut Fish?' or 'Gut Deer?' bumper stickers!! Blah!! Which explains the sentiment on my card today...


A very manly card don't you think? Not for my Man though....he doesn't fish or hunt. So why did I get this stamp?? Because I knew he'd be great to color! LOL And I loved his face. I watercolored him in Old Olive, True Thyme and Black Soot and added some shading to the area behind him in Sahara Sand (my new favorite color!). Then because of all the greens, I picked this great burnished red patterned paper by Basic Grey to make him pop. Can you guess the name of that paper?? Long Underwear! Perfect for our early morning fisherman. :D

The layout was a challenge put out by Jana Mays from the design team on the Doggone Stamps Paper Craft Planet forum. You can find all the details HERE. I followed everything except the flowers in the corner because, well....there are no flowers in fishing! *grin*

Wanna win some blog candy including stamps from Doggone Stamps?? You know you do! Well, I have not one, not two but FIVE places you can find some! Head over to the fun blogs of design team members' Dana, Lauri, Mitzi, Jean and Cathy for some CANDY, CANDY, CANDY!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Supplies
Stamps: Doggone Stamps 'Fisher Man', sentiment by Karen Foster snap stamps
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Old Olive, True Thyme, Creamy Caramel, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Kraft cs, Canson Watercolor, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Boxer Collection - Long Underwear'
Access: Circle punches, dimensionals

2 Comments:

Janna said...

Sandra you crack me up! I can imagine this would be quite a culture shock! LOL!!! I love this card though! So, so cute!!! You coloring of course takes my breath away and I love the layout and colors for a masculine card! Perfection!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Your post made me laugh!!! You are hilarious and I imagine it would be a total shock to see all of that when you are not used to it!!!!

This card is great very clean cut and creative!!!

Heather

Related Posts with Thumbnails