Sneak Peek: Day Two

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

As soon as Kristi showed us this set I couldn't beg for it fast enough!! It's called 'In Vogue' and I love this cartoony look that this Hanna's has. Although, I will say that I think she needs to lay off the plastic surgery a wee bit! Those lips are making Angelina Jolie jealous! Haha

So I have two cards to show you today. You lucky ducks! :D

This first one showcases one of the main images (there are two) from the 'In Vogue' set. In all, this set has 5 stamps in it.

Eight year old Madelynn provided the sketch for this card. Madelynn has her own design team turn her sketches into gorgeous cards. If you'd like to play along this week, just pop on over to Madelynn's blog (yes, this 8 year old has her own blog) for the sketch and all the deets and remember to use the keyword MTTSC8 when you upload your cards to SCS or PCP so the team can leave some love. Head over to the other Twinkies blogs to see some more creations using Madelynn's sketch. (Psst! The list is on the left and you should visit Jessica's (Madelynn's mum) blog because I she has BLOG CANDY this week!)

I don't own a cuttle bug or nesties (did your jaw drop?) so I replaced the oval piece for a rectangular one. Hanna is stamped on watercolor paper and colored up with SU inks and my aquapainter. Then I cut her out and popped her on some dimensionals. The sentiment is one I found at Michaels and is by Hampton Arts. The patterned paper is something else I picked up at Michaels last week. And can you believe that the name of this paper is 'Fashion District'?! Seriously! I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me! I pick out paper for a stamp, make the card and when I add the supply deets to my blog post, I realize that the name of the paper matches the stamp set perfectly! It's SO weird!

My second card showcases three stamps from the set. The dress form stamp is part of the other main image in the set. I just stamped out a portion of it for this card.

For the life of me I could not come up with a sentiment for this card! So I just chickened out again. :D Don't you love those shoes and that bag stuffed full of money?! Obviously this is a BEFORE shot of the bag: before the shopping began! The patterned paper is again from the 8x8 'Fashion District' pad of paper by Me & My Big Ideas. I love the colors on this card!

Ok, so that's it from me today. I'll have another Riley for you tomorrow. If you want see more sneak peeks of the Hanna sets, run over to the blogs of the rest of the Hanna design team and our guest designer for this month - Jacqui Lines. You won't be disappointed! They're whipping up some FABULOUS cards this week!


Supplies
Card 1
Stamps:
Hanna Stamps 'In Vogue', sentiment by Hampton Art Stamps DF4549

Inks:
StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Real Red, Morning Marigold, Pretty in Pink, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'

Paper:
Canson Watercolor, Bazzil cs, PP - Me & My Big Ideas
'Fashion District'
Access:
Sheer ribbon and dimensionals


Card 2
Stamps:
Hanna Stamps 'In Vogue'
Inks:
StazOn 'Jet Black', Close to Cocoa, Cool Caribbean, Certain Celery, Colorbox Chalk Inks 'Wisteria', Distress Inks 'Tea Dye'
Paper:
Very Vanilla, Bazzil cs, PP - Me & My Big Ideas
'Fashion District'
Access:
Ribbon, paper piercer, zig pen, decorative scissors, dimensionals

17 Comments:

Laura said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Your card is UNREAL! I so love it. Looks absolutely amazing. super gorgeous!

Lauri said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning! I love how you focussed on the three elements in the second card. That is quite unique!

No CB? No Nesties??? hhmmm....sounds like you need a wishlist, young lady!

Kimmie said...

That first card is absolutely fabulous. My jaw dropped! Think I need to go stamp shopping again ;)

~amy~ said...

Lovin both of your cards Sandra...don't worry I don't own CB or Nesties either...

Janna said...

So I love. love, love this!!! Both cards are awesome! Of course you coloring is just divine and I love the papers you chose! that is too funny that your paper names match your stamps! See you are a genius! Oh and I am on the floor right now! You don't own a cuttle bug or nesties and you still create the amazing things that you do? I am more blown away than before!

Smiles,
janna

Tracey said...

WOW!! These cards are gorgeous!!

No worries on the Bug & Nesties - clearly they are not necessary!!! :)

Danni said...

These are awesome! I love that first one the most, she just looks like so much fun! Great job!

karen said...

You know, that Hanna looks like it could be quite versatile.... get rid of her shopping bags & color her hat & clothes black, add a broom.... lol!!

As usual your cards are fantabulous.. can't wait for the release party!!

kadie said...

I love how you did the ribbon on the first card and how cool is that about the name of the PP! Great watercoloring on both cards. I really love the second one though. I love how the images are set apart and aligned along the right, I love the placement of the ribbon and I love the PP. No sentiment necessary! :)

Clare said...

Oh My Word these are amazing! I cannot believe that an eight year old designed these! Got to get me some. Love, Clare x

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Madelynn. Your card is SO cute. I love her and how you cut her out. Thanks for playing my sketch :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

What a little hottie! This card is awesome girlie! LOVE it!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! She's gorgeous and I like how she's "walking" right out of the box! Beautiful colors on your "accessories" card!

Anonymous said...

Sandra - I love this :) She is amazing and so are you :)

I love the softness of your second card too. What a perfect gift for someone!

Catherine said...

These are both so great! Your DP choices are just fab! And of course, I love your coloring!
ROFLMAO on the plastic surgery - I thought that too, and she's getting Joan Rivers eyes! LOL But the cards are beauties for sure!

Lorie said...

These are some great cards! Both are wonderful, and I love everything about them. I'm really liking this Hanna set too. Fantastic job!

Cassie said...

i don't have any hannas yet - i love the teacher one where she's sitting on the stool and i must have this one too!! better earn some moolah fast!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails