What a sketch!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Tuesday morning to you all!

I have a doozer of a sketch for you all today! This sketch comes from our first Twinkling Guest Sketch Designer and can you believe she is only SIX years old?!? It's just crazy that a 6 year old can draw this well! And not only that, but to come up with a difficult sketch to boot!! Nuts I tell ya!
Piper is the amazing 6 six year old who came up with this weeks Twinkling sketch and she is the daughter of proud DT member Heather. Piper might give me the buzzer on this card since I didn't follow the sketch to a T!

I left off the cross pieces and heart embellies, but I have to get points for following the corner rounders on each layer right?! :D

The stamp I used, isn't of the rubber kind. It's a digital stamp! This is my first time branching out and using the digital stamps and I have to say that they work really well if using the right equipment. From what I've read, digital stamps work best if printed with a laser printer and not an inkjet printer because the ink doesn't run. I printed my Geisha stamp on Georgia Pacific cs with the laser printer at work (shhh! Don't tell anyone!) and it worked perfectly!

My sewing machine was still out from the last time I used it, so I added some sewing to each layer for some extra detail. Note how hard it was to follow the edge when I got to the rounded corners! Haha I'm still learning! I sponged the edges of the pink cardstock and the polka dotted patterned paper. Lots of dimensionals on this card!

The other DT gals had fun with this sketch too, so if you want to play long and need some ideas, hop on over to their blogs! If you are game enough this week and want to play along, use the key word MTTSC9 when uploading to SCS or PCP so we can leave some love!

I have a twilight-ish card for you tomorrow. *grin* Bet that brings you back tomorrow! LOL

Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm's 'Geisha Anya DS'
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Certain Celery, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Making Memories 'Black Small Dots' & Basic Grey 'Eva Collection - Extravagance'
Access: Ribbon, sewing machine, dimensionals

15 Comments:

Danni said...

This is a gorgeous card! Very well done! I love the colors and your coloring is awesome!

~amy~ said...

whatta fun sketch...you've done a magnificent job!! aha...thanks for the laser vs inkjet information :) shhhh...I won't tell :)

Jean said...

This is a great sketch, I will have to try when I get home from work, Thanks Piper!

Anonymous said...

It's super ~ I love the little geisha girl and the hints for use digital stamps!

Bonnie said...

I love it! As always your colouring is fabulous and will absolutely make up for the criss cross loss!! haha! I had to chuckle when I saw the title of your post - my thoughts were not far off - that was one doozie of a sketch!

Janna said...

So, so awesome as usual! I love the papers and the coloring is amazing!! you did such a great job of sewing, can you teach me please! Really really cool!

Oh, and you thought this sketch was difficult? Really, I wouldn't know why. LOL!!! I think Piper took a couple of years off my life!

Smiles,
janna

kadie said...

This is so lovely! I really love that paper and the corners just draw me in. Great use of the sketch and FAB coloring, as always!

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh My Sandra,

Wow Wow Wow, I love the giesha!!! My printer has been out of commision for over a month now and I am not able to do any of these digis and I really really want to do this giesha!!!

I love what you did with her, and the sketch is perfect!!! I know Piper will love love love it too!!!

After all a sketch is just a blue print to go by not to copy and everyone has come up with such creative changes I am loving them all!!!

Even I Piper's Mommy changed a few things!!!! LOL!!!!!

I love your clean lines and the papers you choose, and the coloring on Anya is amazing!!! So so so cool Sandra!!!!!

Love It!!!

Heather

Cassie said...

this is totally fabulous girl!! i love that image with the paper you used!! and yes, i'll give you points for the offset corners!!
glad to hear the printing worked well for you. I always like mine with the laser printed better than the ink jet too!
Have a great week!

Lorie said...

Wow! That is a doozer of a sketch, and one talented little lady for sure! I love the detail of the rounded corners. I'm also glad to know about the laser printer. I have an inkjet, and the only time I printed an image to color from it, I had problems with the ink smearing. You know what I did? I sprayed my cardstock very lightly (after printing) with a matte sealer. Like what you'd use to seal wood before you paint it. I didn't have any problem with smears after that. Love the card, Sandra. Fabulous as always!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the sketch!! The sewing and the colors are just perfect!!! I print onto GP white with my inkjet and don't have any problems with marker smearing it. I just let it dry for a few minutes before I start coloring.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is AMAZING and JUST might show up on the Anya blog if you don't mind, my friend...I LOVE her!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! This card is absolutely AMAZING!!! :D Every detail is perfect! I love the stitching and you have colored her beautifully! :D

Rebecca Ednie said...

Cute card. Love the ribbon and the paper. Great job

Silly Skittles said...

*whispers* not sure if you know already, but if you print from an inkjet printer and heat set with your heat gun, you can colour your images without it running :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails