Sweethearts!

Friday, February 13, 2009

A happy Friday to you all! If you're at work today, I hope it flies by, and if you're at home like me today, I hope it is nice and relaxing for you.

I have one last Valentines day card to show you. It might actually be my favorite out of the bunch....although the Twilight card does make my heart flutter! LOL

Club Anya threw out a sketch challenge this past week and I couldn't resist having a go at it. The sketch was fun but the prize was just too good to resist! The winner will receive the Miss Anya set being released tomorrow! (I plan on getting her one way or another, but free is better! haha)

I didn't stray from the sketch at all (why mess with a good thing). The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye valentine release last year. Most of you know by now that I don't own nesties, so I cut my circle out with my Fskars circle cutter then cut the circle in half. Then I got out my trusty and loyal decorative scissors and trimmed the curved edges of my half circles to create the scalloped edges. Like I told my friend Kadie, when you don't have stuff, you get creative! LOL

I sponged the edges of the patterned papers and sewed the pieces to the cardstock. Anya and Ian make such a cute couple don't they? I watercolored them in and added stickles to the heart. I stamped out Anya's bow again and popped that up on dimensionals and added a little flower gen to the center. Then it was just a matter of piecing it all together! Jess will announce the winner tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed everyone!

I have some happy mail coming at the end of the day today. It's my very first order from Whipper Snapper! Eeek! I am very tempted to intercept the delivery at the UPS warehouse so I can play with the stamps this morning, but I have a few other projects to work on and really need to get them done, so that will be my motivation today! *grin*

Have a great Valentines Day and a relaxing weekend!

Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farms '50's Sweethearts DS'
Inks: Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Paper: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - My Minds Eye 'Kiss and Tell Collection (2008) - I Love You and Adore?'
Access: Ribbon, Stickles, Heidi Swapp flower bling, sewing machine, decorative scissors, dimensionals, sponges

12 Comments:

Lauri said...

What a beautiful card!!! and good luck on the contest!! Oh cannot wait to see what you do with the Whipper Snapper stamps! I LOVE them and my wish list is a mile long!

Laura said...

oh Sandra, this card is so so so gorgeous! :) I absolutely love it. The colours are so beautiful and your colouring is amazing, as always!

Kimmie said...

This is so beautiful...

If your into Vamp lit I just read this book "Marked" it's not as good as Twilight, but it's certainly not bad!

~amy~ said...

How A-Dorable Sandra!!! Love what you've done with the Anya's bow. Happy Friday!!

Danni said...

Love this card! It all flows together so nicely! Awesome job!

Jenn said...

Absolutely stunning! Again your watercoloring is awesome! :D Love the stitching and fab job on the sketch! :D

Mary Giles said...

No nesties either! How in the world did you cut such perfect scalloped circles. I'm just in awe...(shaking my head)I love you little bow treatment.

*Susan* said...

Sandra, this card is just too adorable for words! The bows are just perfect!

MiamiKel said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN!!

Cassie said...

ohmygoshgirl!!!
you won!!! i'm soooooo excited for you!!! your card is beautiful and one of the best that was submitted!!!
hope you have an excellent day!! gotta run but i'll be back later!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra,

I saw this card on the blog and I loved it!!! I am so so excited that you won!!! How cool to get the Miss Anya set for free!!!

I think last night I finished off my list and now have every Anya and Ian there is except for the Wedding set, and the Digi images!!! I want them so bad, but my Printer is not working right now!!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE that little Anya & Ian stamp.... and your card is tooo pretty!
(Btw, did I ever mention that my DH's name is Ian?! Smile!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails