Sneak Peek: Bowling anyone?

Thursday, February 5, 2009

You should have seen my face the first time I went bowling in the US. Hubby got nibblies before we started and came back with a pitcher of beer. I had to peel my jaw up off the floor! I had no idea you can drink beer while bowling in this country! I love this country....*sigh*. Hubby used to laugh at me when I explained to him how Australia has drive through liquor stores (to be taken home before opening), but he doesn't see the severity of being allowed to play with a 12lb wrecking ball while sloshed!? It's still a fabulous idea though.

This is the other set that I just had to have when Kristi showed us what she was releasing this month. Isn't it just plain FUN!?!

I wanted to showcase a few of the stamps in this set (I used 5), so I stamped the images on Georgia Pacific cs then colored them all in separately. It's a little harder to watercolor on this cardstock because it absorbs the ink and water so much faster and you don't have time to move it around to get an even coverage. But I like the smooth surface it has, which just means I have to be more careful where I start to apply the color and when I finish the brush stroke. Simple right? *wink*

I hope our Hanna has bike shorts on under her itty bitty dress!

I used this week's CCEE sketch challenge to create this card. I think my brain was on autopilot when making this card because it's really simple.....but I meant that. (Nod your heads and agree.) I faux stitched the horizontal panel, and added pierced holes to the edge of the circle. I was singing that sentiment the whole time I was making the card too!

And it's LADIES NITE tonight at the Hanna Stamps release party starting at 9pm EST!! Yay!! Vicki has stamp sets to give away and I'm sure Kristi will have some CHA stories to tell! As well as challenges to compete in...like the one I'll be hosting! :D See you there!

Toodles!

Supplies:

Card 1

Stamps:
Hanna Stamps! 'Bowling'

Inks:
StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Buckaroo Blue, Morning Marigold, Cool Caribbean, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red

Paper:
Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Moxxie 'Bowl-O-Rama Collection - Perfect Game'

Access:
Sewing machine, dimensionals, precision scissors


Card 2

Stamps:
Hanna Stamps! 'Bowling', sentiment by Karen Foster's Snap Stamps

Inks:
StazOn 'Jet Black', Cool Caribbean, Buckaroo Blue, Certain Celery, Pumpkin Pie

Paper:
Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - 'Bowl-O-Rama Collection - Perfect Game'

Access:
Paper piercer, zig pen, dimensionals, circle punches

13 Comments:

Kimmie said...

what a super cute retro set!

Tracey said...

These are fantastic cards! Such a fun set!

Cindy Haffner said...

What fun, love your coloring, thanks so much for playing along with us.

~amy~ said...

What super fun retro bowling cards!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH this is TOO TOO CUTE!!!

kadie said...

These cards are the BOMB!! (haha, been waiting to use that one!) You really struck gold with that paper! I just LOVE how you used this set...your layouts and coloring are brilliant.

Lorie said...

I love what you did with this set Sandra, and I love the retro look of these stamps. I'm not a bowler, but I really think I might have to have this set. The first drive through liquor store I've ever seen was opened in our county last year, and it was opened by an Australian guy. He's a really nice, and has opened a whole new world of Australian wine for me. Good stuff!! Cards AND wine! Really good stuff!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love this!! Love that fun image, and your coloring is fantastic..as always...*grin* Love the faux stitching and that fun paper too!! Awesome!! Thanks so much for participating in our challenge!!

Catherine said...

I just love these, Sandra! You made retro fresh! That DP is soooooooo yummy & perfect! Your coloring is fab, and I love the faux stitching.
You scored 2 strikes with these! Thanks for a fun post - a great read. :D

Janna said...

I didn't know you were from Australia! That is awesome! Okay, now to the cards! Love them!!!! I love to bowl, horrible bowler but still love it and this set is so, so cute! i love your coloring and the papers you used are so perfect! Truly amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Catherine said...

love both of your cards and yes gotta love US :)

StampOwl said...

oh I love them both Sandra ... and what great DP too perfect for this set. Thanks for playing along with our challenge

Cassie said...

i'm loving those pigtails!!! i didn't know you were from australia! are you a fan of veggiemite? one of the other geography teachers i used to teach with has good friends in AU and every year when we studied AU she would bring in veggiemite for us to share with the kids!

gorgeous card - that layout is GENIOUS!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails