Hanna Stamps Challenge

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thank god it's almost Friday!

I need another break from work. Lots of little deadlines that have kept me busy throughout the day and I am tired again. Suppose it might have helped if I went to bed at a decent hour, but I was near the end of Book 3 of Twilight and had to find out how it ended. I don't think I'll be catching up on any sleep this weekend with Book 4 sitting on my bedside table! haha

Today I have a non card to show you! Shocked? So am I!

I made this notebook for the Hanna Stamps release party challenge (HSFBC1) that your's truly is hosting! My challenge, which is open to everyone, is to use fabric somewhere, somehow on your card or 3D project. If you don't have fabric, that's ok, you can use patterned paper to represent the fabric instead.

In my teens, I used to make a lot of craft things for family and friends, and even sold a few things! I was definitely getting back to my crafting roots with this project.

It's a notebook that I found in the $1 bins at Michaels, and I covered it using fabric that I also found at Michaels (fat quarters). I should have taken a picture of the inside for you (but I wasn't thinking things through AGAIN!) because it has a layer of pink fabric covering the inside cover.

The notebook is held together by a metal spiral binder, so I started by prying open the binder and removing the front and back covers. Then I cut two pieces of fabric an inch larger (in length and width) than the covers. My spray glue had clogged up so I had to resort to the glue in my ATG gun to glue the fabric to the covers. Once the fabric was on, then I punched out the holes for the spiral binder, and covered two pieces of cardboard cut a little smaller than the covers in the pink fabric. Then I stuck the cover and the small piece of covered card 'wrong side to wrong side'. I hope that makes sense (kinda hard without pictures I know - sorry about that). Then it was just a matter of putting the covers back on the binder and closing it up again. The fun part was adding all the pieces of ribbon to the spiral binder!

I can't wait to see everyone's creations! What's that? Are there prizes? Why YES!! Entries close on Monday at 5pm and one random creation will be chosen and they will win the new 'IN VOGUE' set!!!! Waahoooo! Definitely worth a bit of blood, sweat and tears don't you think?? Ok, maybe not the blood, but definitely some sweat! ;)

Have a FUNTASTIC weekend everyone and I'll see you next week with some fun Valentine's Day cards!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'In Vogue'
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye'
Paper: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs,
Access: Ribbon (lots of it!), fabric, buttons, dimensionals, Marvy scalloped circle punch and circle punch

8 Comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I've been wanting to use fabric for a long time, and just never get around to it. Your fabulous book is quite the inspiration!! What a fantastic challenge! LOVE this!!

Lorie said...

Wonderful, great, fantastic, and fun challenge, Sandra. I hope I get to play along this weekend!! Your book is gorgeous, and I especially love all the ribbon accents! Beautiful!!

~amy~ said...

super project Sandra! I love that you used fabric...gorgeous!

Cassie said...

very cute project sandra! how have you been? i've been so busy i haven't been by in about a week!! hope it's slowed down for you at work and you are getting some relaxtion (not rest since you are reading! i totally understand how that can happen!! LOL!!!)
off to finish catching up on what you've been up to!

MiamiKel said...

Oh I used to make these in high school! Memories!! I think I already know what to do for this challenge - terrific one!!

kadie said...

This is insanely GORGEOUS! I love it!! Wow!

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful, Sandra! Thanks for all the info. I particularly love how you created square insert with ribbon and buttons...very clever and love all the ribbon on the binder!!!

Janna said...

I absolutely love this!! It is so awesome! that fabric pattern is great and I love the way you colored your image! Great job!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts with Thumbnails