You Are Loved

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's another Twinkling Tuesday sketch challenge and Madelynn has an easy one for us this week! Phew! Pop on over to Madelynn's blog, Twinkling Tuesday, to check out the sketch and also check out this week's featured Twinkie - Janna Hull! She IS the queen of sketches!

I'm really excited to show you this card today because I really, really liked how it turned out! I knew I wanted to ink up The Greeting Farm's 'For Someone' set and Madelynn's sketch was a perfect match for it. Now, the sketch shows two rectangles side by side, but Madelynn did give everyone permission to add a front panel to the layout, so I added the circle for a more softer look.

I used my reinkers to color this time and can I just say that there is a BIG difference when using reinkers vs. the back of the ink pad! Whoa! Talk about color intensity! When I use the ink from the back of the ink pad, I usually swish my aquapainter all over it to grab lots of color, but with the reinkers, it's the complete opposite! I just have to take the smallest amount of ink to get a ton of color on the paper. But I will say that I LOVE how vibrant the images look with the punch of color they get now.

Do you see that patterned paper? Isn't it yummy!? It's from K & Company and I found it at Michaels last Friday. I had looked at it a few times before then and decided it was too bright and busy for my liking, but I had just been looking at Kim Teasdale's gorgeous cards that morning and that lightbulb went off again - I can recreate the texture in Kim's cards with this paper! Brilliant! LOL Since I don't have embossing folders to create texture, busy patterned paper will have to do.

I should also mention that I sponged the rectangular panels and then stitched around the edges for added texture. I used a paper piercer for the circle panel because I didn't trust my machine stitching to do a good job of it! :D

Please check out the amazing cards created by the rest of the Twinkling team. Links to their blogs can be found on the left hand side. If you decide to play along, use the keyword MTTSC10 when you upload to SCS or PCP and provide a link to your card on Madelynn's blog so we can all find it later. :D

Tomorrow I have 'almost needs to be sensored' card for you! ;)

Supplies
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm
'For Someone'
Inks:
StazOn 'Jet Black', Old Olive, More Mustard, Really Rust, Ballet Blue, Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand

Papers:
Canson Watercolor, River Rock, Bazzil cs 'Rain', PP - K & Company 'Que Sera Sera'

Access:
Ribbons, paper piercer, bling (from Michaels), sewing machine, dimensionals

16 Comments:

Bonnie said...

Here we go! yay! Love the flowers and love your watercolouring! I would love to learn how to do this! I have all the stuff.....I need to be like the Nike slogan..........Just DO it!!

kadie said...

Gorgeous! I just bought this set yesterday! What an elegant card. I love the circles and the squares balancing each other. And cute idea with the two ribbons!

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! Your coloring is amazing!

Christi Flores said...

This is breath-taking!! Wow!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh My Sandra this card well there are no words to explain how much I love it. Your background DSP is so so pretty, and the image is colored so wonderfully and I love your circle on top of the sketch and the sentiment in another circle I adore your card this week!!!

Amazing and Stunning, and Elegant all wrapped up in one!!!

I feel like my take on the sketch is very pale in comparison you ROCKED it girl!!!!


Heather

Jessica Diedrich said...

Sandra this card is BREATHTAKING! WOW!! It's gorgeous, girl! The coloring is amazing and I just loe what you did w this sketch...beautiful!

Anonymous said...

HI this is Madelynn. I Love your card. It is so pretty and the colors are so pretty too. Thank you for playing!

Anonymous said...

Sandra - what an absolutely beautiful card! It's amazing and I love the paper you used - it's perfect.

Jenn said...

STUNNING!!! You did a fabulous job with the sketch Sandra...I love every detail!

Janna said...

Oh Sandra this is fantastic!!! I love the circle in the middle! Wow! The colors are so vibrant and so stunning! And I adore how you paper pieced around the circle! Truly brilliant! and a big thanks for the Queen of Sketches comment!! I am tearing up with joy! LOL!!

Ohhhhhhh, I can hardly wait for tomorrow to see what you have! I know it is going to be good!

Smiles,
janna

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

It is ALL gorgeous Sandra! Your watercoloring is just amazing, and the DP with the piercing...you did a fabulous job with this, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandra, this is drop dead gorgeous!!! These colors and papers are amazing - and your coloring is fabulous!!! Love this!!

Clare said...

Oh wow! This is stunning! Love the paper you have used. I also wanted to leave a comment about your 'you wanna' card, it's absolutely gorgeous and the colouring is amazing. Typical husband, not paying attention to your 'garter punch', I suppose he must have been distracted by the young lady! love, Clare x

Javablustamper said...

WOW! Sandra...this is.....GORGEOUS!!! I am sure that doesn't even cover it!!! Your coloring is FABULOUS!!! I think that image is a GREAT one for a HUBBY card!! I never saw any like that! Mine would LOVE it too!! You are SO talented!! I am SO glad you share it!! HOpe you had a GREAT VDAY!!! Hope you are well!

Javablustamper said...

ok......i just left my comment under the wrong card!!! Sorry...I need to follow instructions!! Haha!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, your card is soo pretty... I love how your coloring goes sooo perfectly with your PP... simple elegance! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails