Best Wishes to you

Monday, February 16, 2009

Good Morning sweet friends!!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I got alot accomplished this weekend; a handful of cards, some Whipper Snapper and Doggone Stamp images got colored up and I got to play with my new reinkers in the process. I can't wait to show you them!

Remember when I told you I had some horseshoe ribbon I needed to get out and use for another Good Luck Riley card? Well, I found it!


It works great doesn't it? I picked out two patterned papers that matched the ribbon and sketched out the layout in my sketch book. Riley was colored with my Copic markers in the Riley colors (see the Hanna Stamps! store for the set) on Georgia Pacific cs and cut out. Then I stamped Riley onto the kraft cardstock and then sponged around the edges of the image with Distress Inks 'Vintage Photo' to ground him. Popped the cutout Riley on dimensionals and then stuck him to the kraft cardstock. A simple layout but I think it showcases Riley really well. Actually, it would showcase any Riley really well. :D

Guess what?? Apparently you guys really did cross your fingers last Friday because....I won the Club Anya competition!! Seriously! Who'd have thunk it?! I certainly didn't! I even stayed up until 1am to place my order! Hehehe I couldn't believe it when I when I saw my name on the Club Anya blog on Saturday morning. It was such a nice surprise. I can't wait to play with the Miss Anyas when they arrive! :D

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I have a fun sketch challenge from Madelynn for you tomorrow.

Supplies

Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Good Luck Riley', sentiment by PTI
Inks: Distress Inks 'Black Soot', Copic Markers Riley set by Hanna Stamps
Papers: Georgia Pacific cs, Kraft cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Creative Imaginations 'Art Warehouse' and Daisy D's 'Fall Cords - Rust'
Access: Ribbon, dimensionals

8 Comments:

Jean said...

I love Riley, great card Sandra!

kadie said...

I really like how you layered both the horseshoe and then Riley on top of that. I also like you choice in PP (and ribbon!). I thought for a sec your used corrogated cardboard and then after a closer look saw that your PP gave that illusion. Great choices and layout, as always! :)

Carolyn King said...

LOVE the rich colors!!!!

Mary Giles said...

Oh what great warm colors and yes the horse shoe ribbon is a very nice touch. I got my Riley's in the mail last week too. I'm trying to com eup with my snafu to what did St. Patty Riley say to Good Luck Riley? I really hope none of them think that I partake in such an event.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card and a great surprise for you! You deserve every good thing that comes your way for being such a great friend and inspiration to us!

hugs!

Danni said...

Congrats on winning the club Anya competition!!
Love this card, so cute!! Great job!

Janna said...

Sandra this is adorable and that ribbon is so yummy I could eat it!!! I just love it! Your coloring is great as well! So jealous that you won over at Club Anya but I guess I am happy for you! LOL! seriously though congratulations!

Smiles,
janna

Jenn said...

Congrats on winning the Miss Anyas! I thought of you when I read the blog and how you told me you were gonna stay up late...LOL! :D

Your Riley card is super adorable!!! I love how he is popped up...too cute! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails