Sneak Peek: Aaah!

Friday, February 27, 2009

A happy Friday to you all! As promised, starting today and all through the weekend, I will be showing you sneak peeks from the new sets Hanna Stamps will be releasing this coming Monday night, March 2nd after the release party.

I'm soooo loving this Sophie Stamp!! I squealed just a little bit when Kristi posted for the DT girls to see! I could SO use a bit of pampering like this right about now, but I'm sure we all could, right?

You may have caught a sneak peek of Spa Riley earlier in the week if you frequent Anna Wight's blog like I do. Loved that purple hair wrap!

What's that you say? I thought you said you didn't own any nesties? Did I breakdown and get some? No. Then how in the heck did ya do that scalloped edge circle girlfriend?!? With a Fiskars circle cutter and a pair of decorative scissors, that's how! Probably would have been a thousand times easier with a cuttlebug and nesties though, but alas....you all know the rest of the story. (I'm working on DH to buy me one so that I don't get blamed for the purchasing frenzy of nesties that will follow!)

I got out my sewing machine again and tried the zigzag stitching this time....I bombed bigtime! I won't point out the flaws, but if you click to get a larger image, you'll see them! Sophie was colored using the Riley Copic set from Hanna Stamps, and I sponged the edges of the cardstock with Antique Linen. Added some ribbon and Kaiser pearls for a feminine look.

Speaking of feminine, today's Hanna Stamps challenge (HSC58) is to make a feminine card using ribbon and it's being hosted this week by the uber talented and hilariously funny Diana Gibbs.
I hope you all had a great week and thank you for stopping by today. If you wanna see another sneak peek - stop by tomorrow!

Supplies
Stamps: Hanna Stamps 'Spa Riley', sentiment by Karen Foster's snap stamps
Inks: Distress Inks 'Black Soot & Antique Linen', Riley Copics set, Certain Celery, Cool Caribbean
Papers: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Cosmo Cricket 'Honey Pie Collection - Ella'
Access: Ribbon, Kaiser Scrapbooks self adhesive Pearls, decorative scissors, Fiskars circle cutter, paper piercer, sewing machine, dimensionals

16 Comments:

Lauri said...

You did that with scissors? seriously?????? you are kidding, right??????? wow. That is all I can say!! You are a saint! I would avoid (and used it) circles all the time! I got my CB with a joann coupon, and buy my nesties from Cut@home using their monthly 40% off coupon! Anyway.. Riley rocks!

~amy~ said...

whatta fab card sandra!!! love the stitching...silly woman...I don't have any nesties...dang, you have mondo patience...it looks great!

Kimmie said...

Can Sophie get any more adorable? This is such an awesome stamp! I could totally go for some pampering.

Silli said...

wow, card is so sweet. I love the riley...TFS!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Oh my gosh... no WONDER I couldn't find the image on the hanna site!! Well... YOUR card is GORGEOUS -- just beautifully colored!! And I rather like your stitches. =)

Danni said...

Awesome card!! And wow, you did that with scissors? you are my hero, if I did that it would look like one big mess! LOL!
Great job!

Laura said...

Oh Sandra, can you move to Melbourne right now? :) I so want to stamp with you :). I LOVE this card! it is so gorgeous and I can just feel that relief in that image (smile) :).

Catherine said...

OMGosh Sophie is toooo funny! This one is sooooo going on my shopping list!
Great job - love your coloring and I can't believe you did that with scissors! I can't use a sewing machine to save my life, so I'm totally impressed with sewing, and don't see any flaws with yours!

Jacilynn said...

Love this! Love the stiching. It's one of my favorite things to do on a card!!!

Janna said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! Did I tell you that your card is awesome! I love the coloring of course and the stiching is a perfect touch! And I still can't believe you don't have nesties! I can hardly cut anythign with my decorative scissors. You truly blow me away!

I need this stamp now though, btw!

Smiles,
janna

Tracey said...

I can't believe you did that scalloped circle with scissors. Wow!! Love this card and image! Beautiful!

Vicki G said...

How adorable!!!!

*Susan* said...

AW! Spa Riley is so CUTE! And your card showcases him perfectly!!

Beth Niquette said...

I loved this blog. How fun! Thank you for sharing. The 80's were great, weren't they? Two of my three children were born in the late 1980's. (grin)

I LOVE your blog. You are such a creative person.

Anonymous said...

Sandra, I am so impressed that you trimmed this circle with scallop sissors. It's perfect! Love the entire card. So pretty!!!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely astonishing that you were able to do this with scissors! You are THE Master!!!!!!!1

Related Posts with Thumbnails