Steal a kiss!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So last night Mr Brown delivered some new supplies to my house and now I can let you in on my little secret: This past year I've been coloring with just 14 SU colors. Fourteen!? I guessing most of you have more than that! They have served me VERY well, but with all the overtime I did, I decided it was time to add some new colors (and new life) to my overused stash. I now have 19 new colors to choose from!! Yippeee!

I bought reinkers instead of the stamp pads this time because 99.9% of the time I watercolor an image and very rarely stamp in an actual color other than black or brown, so reinkers made more sense. It's going to be so exciting to work with some fresh colors again! This makes me VERY happy! :D

How fabulous is this stamp?!? I was having a slow moment when I first saw it on Victoria Case's website because I held off buying it. But I must have been reading a really good part of the Twilight series of books because a light bulb went on and I had a 'Duh!!' moment! They look just like Bella and Edward!!! Don't they?!

Did ya notice Edward's eye color? hehe I couldn't resist! I could have probably darkened Bella's hair a bit but then it might have been too dark to notice the detail in her hair. Doesn't Victoria have MAD SKILLS?! I love her characters.

The layout uses this week's Mojo Sketch Challenge, MOJO73, and the color combo is from this week's CCEE challenge, which is to use pink, kraft and white! I used my favorite embellishment on this card, ribbon, and that fit the requirements of the OCC's inspiration challenge for this week too! Three challenges in one! A very rare trifecta for me indeed!! I think that deserves a celebratory glass of wine when I get home tonight. haha

Tomorrow I have a smoldering giraffe for you. Trust me.... :D


Supplies
Stamps: Victoria Case Stamps
'Steal A Kiss', sentiment by Studio G
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Imaginisce 'All Kinds Of Happy Collection - Pink Frosting with Sprinkles'
Access: Ribbon, brad, dimensionals

19 Comments:

Kimmie said...

This is such an awesome card - and I love the Edward reference with the eyes. BeautifuL!

Anonymous said...

Sandra-

That card is gorgeous! You have to tell me your secret to the beautiful coloring. Do you use a blender pen with the markers? Just wondering how you get all the great shades. Thanks!

grothausfamily@gmail.com

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so sweet, love that image and your coloring, thanks so much for playing.

Danni said...

Simply a gorgeous card and a fun image! Yay for new colors!!

kadie said...

Fantabulous! This layout is my fave so far. I'm going to have to CASE it!! Great colors, great coloring (congrats on your new additions!) and great image! LOve it!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Adorable card Sandra! Your coloring is amazing, enjoy your NEW inks!! LOVE the fun design and layout!

Thanks for playing along with the OCC,
Jennifer :)

Christi Flores said...

That is the sweetest image!! I love this!!

Catherine said...

I thought the exact same thing about this image when I first saw it! Great minds....
I am so in awe of your coloring, to know now that you've only had 14 colors - I'll never come close to your talent! Congrats on the new reinkers! There's no stopping you now! LOL :D

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! thanks so much for playing along with the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge!
http://twilighttuesday.com/

StampOwl said...

this is too cute Sandra ... thanks for playing our color challenge this week

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I absolutely love that image - It would make a great card to send to Mr. B. pre trip - tee hee!

Jenn said...

I am just in awe over your watercoloring...it's amazing! :D Great card! :D

Janna said...

What?!!!!!!!! You have been coloring with only 12 colors!!! Are you really serious! You make all these gorgeous, and I mean drop dead gorgeous creations with 12 colors? I can hardly wait to see what you make with the extra 19! You will be way out of my league, not that you already aren't! LOL!!! Seriously though, this card is incredible. The shading that you achieve blows me away and that image cracks me up!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! When are you visiting me?

Smiles,
janna

Lauri said...

okay..I am so impressed now that you gave up your color secret!! and here I sit with almost half the SU! colors!! You rock!

Jeanette said...

I can't imagine your coloring getting any better. Congratulations on your new purchase. Enjoy.

Blog Master E said...

I love it! Your coloring is spot-on, all those new colors are serving you well.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous coloring, and sweet card!! I can't imagine having so few colors...I have the gamut!! It's impressive what you're able to do with only 14. WOW!! Love this card, and am honored that you participated in our challenge!! Happy Stamping!!

Mary Giles said...

Wow! As everyone else has said they coloring is amazing and this stamp does remind me me of Bella always trying to get a kiss. Just like Catherine said in her blog. It blows me away that you only had 14 colors to work with. You truly are the master of making due and still turning out the most fabulous cards that I couldn't do with all the tools at my disposal.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

OME! I love that image! Great coloring :)
Thnx for playing at Twilight Tuesday!
xo, margie

Related Posts with Thumbnails