Giraffe Boghart?!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I told you I had a smoldering giraffe didn't I?!? Does he not have that 'come hither' look on his face?! I REALLY enjoyed coloring this guy in! The details on him are amazing!

He's from Doggone Stamps and you may have already seen some cards on SCS made with him from the other design team members, like this one by Mitzi or this one by Nancy, AKA Pound Master! LOL

I didn't have to do a lot of coloring to Mr Boghart to bring him to life. I used Morning Marigold first then Creamy Caramel on any shadow areas. Cool Caribbean is in the background to ground him.

Got my sewing machine out yet again! I'm trying to find a happy setting on my machine to prevent the corners from pulling towards the center. I think it's a tension thing. If anyone has any suggestions - I'm all ears! :D

It's Friday tomorrow and it's also my day off work!! Waahoooo! I soooo need the break!


Supplies
Stamps: Doggone Stamps 'Giraffe', sentiment by Studio G mini alphabet sets
Inks: StazOn 'Timber Brown', Morning Marigold, Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Certain Celery, True Thyme, Cool Caribbean
Paper: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Aged and Confused Sublime Collection - Vintage Floral'
Access: Ribbon, sewing machine, dimensionals

16 Comments:

Jean said...

He is adorable, love thre saying you put with him too. I too am off tomorrow yay! TFS

~amy~ said...

Oh my goodness....what a fabulous card and expression on that face!!!

Janna said...

Sandra this is incredible! Wow, wow, wow!!! The coloring is amazing! He looks so life like and I adore the sentiment! I need to train my husband to look at me like this! LOL!

Yay!!! I can't wait to see what you create on your day off! I hope it is a good one!

Smiles,
janna

Christi Flores said...

LOL! This card is fantastic!!!!

kadie said...

I love it! He is totally saying this phrase...LOL! You are making such good use of getting that sewing machine out of storage! Nice work!

Tracey said...

He is fantastic!! Love the giraffe, sentiment and the whole card!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! That giraffe is HOT!

Danni said...

What a great image! So fun! You did an awesome job with this card, love it!

Bonnie said...

So fabulous Sandra! Great image and he is absolutely HOT!

Cathryn said...

Sandra: Your card is amazing as usual. I keep kicking myself for not getting this as one of my DT stamps.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Ahahahaha!!! This is TOO cute, and the sentiment fits him perfectly!!! Whata wonderful card:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Lorie said...

That sentiment is perfect for this guy! Great card! I love it!!

Vicki G said...

That is ONE HOT GIRAFFE........Betcha he's as smooth as silk too.............lol

Linda Beeson said...

OK, I just LOVE him! I love giraffes and he is just adorable! What a cute saying too.

Mary Giles said...

Everytime I look through your gallery and see this card it cracks me up! He is Maaah-velous.

Jeanette said...

This is one of my favorites. Great job, great sentiment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails