Casing Laurie

Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Morning! Did you enjoy the weekend?

I limited my crafting to Sunday so I could spend the weekend with my family. Hubby usually works weekends, so when he has one off, we like to do things together. Sunday was a very lazy day for DD and DH and it was supposed to be for me too but between making Brownies, doing load after load of laundry, DD calling for me every other minute I barely squeaked a card out!

I did however get this one done and photographed to show you today.


I was reading Tosha Leyendekker's blog, Stamp Talk With Tosh, last week and she mentioned the Stampers Dream dreamy challenge. To play, you have to CASE a card from any of the Design Team girls and leave a link to your card and the card you cased on Michelle's blog post. (It's open til Thursday is anyone is interested in playing!)

Well, I was all set to case one of Tosh's cards (who's work I've always adored) when I discovered her team mate Laurie Schmidlin's blog and found this card that I couldn't resist casing! I loved the layout, the colors, and just every detail!

Typically the rules of casing are to change at least two or three things about the original card. I changed out the stamped image, the colors and omitted the stitching from my version (although, I REALLY love that particular detail and would love to try this level of stitching on a card soon!) The image I used is from The Greeting Farm's digital stamp line. This is Lily. I love the silhoutte look to her! She's printed on Georgia Pacific cardstock and painted with my SU reinkers and aquapainter. I popped her on dimensionals and layered her on some punched out circles. I picked this MAMBI paper because the pattern was very modern and it set a nice contract to Lily's hair. Instead of using a charm like Laurie did, I used this brad I've had for ages.

Had I not been so distracted making this card and looking at it now, I probably would have added some stitching around the edge of the blue polka dotted paper and maybe some stickles to Lily's necklace. I'm still happy with it though.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a fabulous Monday and I'll see you all back here tomorrow for another Twinkling challenge.


Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Pretty Head Lily DS' & sentiment from the 'For Someone' set
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Morning Marigold, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Barely Banana
Papers: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Me And My Big Ideas 'Fashion District'
Access: Ribbon, Making Memories brad, Martha Stewart edge punch, paper piercer, Marvy scalloped circle punch' Fiskars circle cutter, dimensionals

10 Comments:

Silli said...

Sandra, your card is so sweet. Love theimage, your coloring is always fab... Have a nice week... Hugs from Silke

kadie said...

Very Pretty! Glad you have a scalloped punch, I was beginning to think you were had super strength cutting all those circles and squares by hand!

Anonymous said...

oooo - lovely. I like the mix of old and new and pish on the stickles. It's lovely the way it is :)

Cassie said...

SUCH a beautiful case!! love that punched border!!

Jacilynn said...

Oooh, love that image. Your coloring is so beautiful. Did you watch Twilight this weekend? I noticed your a fan. Me too. I didn't get to watch this weekend, but have a movie night planned with the girlies next weekend. Have a fabulous day!

Unknown said...

Sandra, your card is wonderful! Great job of casing Laurie's card! And I must say that your coloring is absolutely fabulous!!! Thanks so much for playing our Stamper's Dream challenge!

Janna said...

Sounds like your weekend was pretty busy but fun!! I love, love, love this card!!! She is stunning!!! I love the beautiful papers and your ccoloring of core is so, so amazing!! Love it!!! You do such incredible work!

Smiles,
janna

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Thanks for the props Sandra!! You are very kind! And Laurie does have a plethora of fabulous cards to case!! Your coloring, as always is over the top fantastic!! I'm always in awe! Love the punched border too! Darling, darling card!! Thanks so much for participating in our challenge!

Lorie said...

She is so pretty, and I love the colors you used...especially her strawberry blonde hair.

MiamiKel said...

OH la lah - she's a vision with her perfectly frosted (rendered!) hair and pouty lips - it's just a beauty all the way around!

Related Posts with Thumbnails