Harder than it looks

Monday, March 16, 2009

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend. The weather here in New Hampshire was just beautiful! We actually got to open the windows for a bit.....ahhh! Love fresh air!

~Blog Hop Info~
Before I get into today's post, I just want to mention that the Hanna Stamps Blog Hop is still open until 12pm today EST, so if you haven't had a chance to do it, better get cracking! The winners will be announced on a thread in the Hanna Stamps SCS forum later this afternoon/evening. Thank you to those who have already participated thus far; I've really, REALLY enjoyed reading all your 'rockin moments'! And yes, having children is a rockin moment! hehe

Ok, back to our regular programming.

Doggone Stamps is a relatively new company in the stamping world, but they stock stamps in themes that you don't typically find like sports stamps, dog stamps and funny characters like this Zen Frog.

I had no idea what kind of card I could make with him, but he was one of those stamps 'I had to have'! You all know what I'm talking about right? We've all done it; bought a stamp because it was a MUST HAVE but we had no idea what we were going to use it for or what sentiment to put with it. Well, Zen Frog was that stamp for me.

I colored him up over the weekend and pieced this card together and then he just sat there because I couldn't think up a witty sentiment to pair with him. That was until my MIL reminded me of something that my 3 yr old daughter had said last weekend. We were out for lunch and DD was trying to do a magic trick by covering her cup of milk and 'magically' turning it until orange juice. Well, when she said the magic words and tasted her drink, she mumbled "Oh man, that was harder than I thought". Isn't that just the cutest thing you've ever heard?! My heart just melted at that moment. She is just the spunkiest kid! So, long story short; that's where the sentiment came from for this card.

As (almost) always, Mr. Frog was stamped with StazOn in 'Jet Black' and colored with reinkers and an aquapainter on Canson 90lb 140gsm Watercolor paper.

Thanks for stopping by today. :)

Supplies
Stamps: Doggone Stamps 'Zen Frog', sentiment by Karen Foster's Snap Stamps
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Old Olive. More Mustard, Really Rust, Ruby, Red, Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand, Distress Inks 'Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Ambrosia Collection - Citrus & Quince'
Access: Dimensionals, sponges, circle punches

14 Comments:

~amy~ said...

Whatta fun card and image!! Happy Monday!!

Kate Block said...

When I saw the frog on your card I said to myself..."I gotta have him!!" You are right the sentiment is just perfect too!!

kadie said...

Great "panoramic" view. I really like this layout. And you always come up with the best sentiments. Great way to use this stamp (and of course great watercoloring---do you ever get tired of me saying that in every post?) :) Love ya!

karen said...

LOL!
I love this!
ribbit ribbit.

Jacilynn said...

Sandra,
You really made this card look great. I love everything you do. Great Job.
Jacilynn

Carolyn Bounds said...

Awesome card!!!! I love the story behind the sentiment!!!! Too, too cute:o) Hahaha!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Danni said...

I love this!!! LOVE it!! You colored it so wonderfully and well, LOVE it!!! Awesome!

Callie said...

He looks just awesome! Thanks for letting me know about my win! I was going to check the SCS forum later on tonight but now I'm happy go lucky and on my way to do it right now! Yeah!!
Thanks for the thoughts too! I appreciate it!

Lorie said...

What a wonderful card, Sandra! I LOVE it, and I love the story about your little one's magic trick. That's the cutest thing I've ever heard!!

Anonymous said...

oh ya, that is the coolest frog evah!! Totally see why you had to have him. Love your coloring on him!!

Jane Wetzel said...

OH MAN!! I totally love this guy!!I gotta have him!! tfs!! Love this card!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

this is beyond fantastic! your watercoloring is so impressive! I gotta get this little zen guy!

Janna said...

Another Wow card seriously!!! I love this frog! I can so see him as a must have but have no idea in mind of what you will use him for! He is just too cute and too perfect!! I adore the coloring of course it is stunning and the layout works so well with this card! But that sentiment and the story about your daughter just cracked me up! Kids come up with the best lines and pop up out of no where!

Smiles,
janna

Vicki G said...

AHHHHH This is precious!


Vicki

Related Posts with Thumbnails