Just Believe

Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's Thursday already! Yes!

I love looking forward to the weekends. Time to do what I want to do; time to relax. (And for those mundane things like laundry and cleaning but I was trying to forget about them!)

I have been neglecting my fairies I recently got from The Greeting Farm, so I put one of them to good use today.

I will be the first to admit that my sewing on this card isn't the prettiest. I'm still getting used to my sewing machine and the setting for stitching on paper. I'll have to get some more needles before I can practice again because I broke my last two trying to mend DD's snowpants last night! I apologise for the strange colors in the photo - my camera was acting up that day.

The layout for this card is this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, MOJO78. I think it shows off Chloe the Fairy pretty well. I found this paper at my local LLS this past weekend. It has a shabby chic feel to it which I love.

I have a very simple Whipper Snapper card to show you tomorrow; something a little 'outside the box' for me. Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Fairy Chloe', Will-n-Way 'Fairys'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Pretty In Pink, Pale Plum, Cool Caribbean, Blush Blossom, Distress Inks 'Tattered Rose & Antique Linen'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Karen Foster Designs 'My Mother Collage Paper'
Access: Ribbon, Martha Stewart edge punches, circle punch, sewing, sponges

12 Comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Sandra...you crack me up...your stitching looks fab...I'm always in awe with people that use the straight stitch..I always use the zig zag because it is more forgiving for me...lol. I always love your cards...your coloring is divine! Super sweet fairy...

Kimmie said...

so soft and lovely. Awesome card!

Vicki G said...

How precious! Love the stitching!

Vicki

kadie said...

Very pretty. I like how soft this card is. And what's this about your stitching? I think it's FAB, silly girl. You changed your siggy too. I like it!

Jacilynn said...

Love this image and I love that MS punch. I've had my eye on this punch for a while and haven't got it yet. Love the colors. Beautiful!

Danni said...

So pretty! Love the paper/colors! Very nice!

Lauri said...

You are so tough on yourself!! That stitching looks wonderful to me!! and I cannot wait to see what you have tomorrow!

Janna said...

Ohhh Sandra I love it!! What do you mean your stitching isn't perfect1 It is amazing!!! i am so sending you all my cards that I want stitching on so you can do it! You are the expert! I love the fairy you colored up! Her colors are so soft and feminie and I love the papers you used! An amazing card!

Smiles,
janna

Callie said...

Beautiful card! The colors are just all around perfect!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra,

I am so sorry I missed my blog rounds yesterday because this card is AAAAmaaaaaaaazzzziiiiinnnnngggg!!!!

I love all the pink on the fairy!!! You totally rocked this card!!!

Awesome!!!

Heather

Lorie said...

Your stitching looks great to me! You inspire me to find my machine!! I love the shabby chic look, and the two layers of lace punched paper is wonderful! A very cute little fairy indeed!!!

*Susan* said...

Such a very sweet card! I love the lacy punched layers and the little fairy is so cute! I am in search of my sewing machine for traditional purposes, but I think I need to stitch up some cards too! I've never done that yet! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails