Twinkling Color Challenge

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In honor of this very green day, the Twinkling Team have a special challenge for you this week.

Yep, it's another Twinkling Tuesday Challenge and this week our Temporary Guest Twinklette is Taylor's daughter, Ava. She has given us a color challenge this week! The colors are Garden Green, Whisper White and Close to Cocoa.


The colors are SU colors, but since I don't own any SU paper (well, whatever's left isn't much to speak of) I matched some patterned paper I had to the Garden Green. The layout I used is this week's CCEE Sketch challenge. Perfect for this image from Digital Stamp Oasis! Isn't she just the sweetest little thing?

Little Susie was colored up with SU reinkers on Georgia Pacific cardstock. Watercoloring on this paper is not for someone learning to watcolor. I suggest you stick with watercolor paper until you're comfortable with the technique. I left the image neat and clean because it was a nice contrast to the rest of the card.

The worn look was created by sponging and distressing the edges of the patterned paper, then sewing a straight stitch around the rim. The band across the middle is a piece of River Rock cardstock that I used Martha Stewart's edge punch on and then sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink. Isn't that ribbon delicious?! Love pretty ribbon.

Please check out what the other Twinkies have created this week. Links to their blogs are in the team list on the left. If you think this color challenge is something you'd like to try, just upload your card to SCS or PCP and use the keyword MTTSC14.

Have a good one whatever you're up to today!


Supplies
Stamps: Digital Stamp Oasis 'Susie Squirrel in the Rain', PaperTrey Ink 'Paper Tray'
Inks: Going Grey, Cool Caribbean, Morning Marigold, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Distress Inks 'Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain'
Papers: Georgia Pacific cs, River Rock, PP - K & Company 'Classic K Margo'
Access: Ribbon, sponges, sewing, Tim Holtz edge distresser, Martha Stewart edge punch, circle punches, dimensionals

20 Comments:

Kimmie said...

i love all the little detail work.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandra, this is gorgeous. I love the distressed edges and the soft muted colors. What a cute image!

~amy~ said...

Sandra...loving this card...the image is tooo sweet and your choice of papers is fabulous!!! Hmmm...I haven't used my janome in a while...you've inspired me!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Sandra! Love this soft muted look. Oh wait.....Jami just said that!! Well, it's true!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Sandra you rocked our sketch, thanks so much for playing. Hugs Cindy

Mothermark said...

Whoa! This is awesome! I love that image! I have never seen it before but I tend to have my head under a rock from time to time! Gorgeous card...your background to the main image is awesome! Thanks for joining our sketch! You rocked it!

karen said...

I VOTE that you do a virtual coloring/shading tutorial!!!!!!

Who's with ME!?!

This card is adorable, absolutely love it!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is STUNNING, Sandra! I LOVE the detail in this w/ all the soft shading and coloring. You did an AMAZING job bringing this image to life! How sweet!

StampOwl said...

beautiful Sandra ... thanks so much for playing

kadie said...

Awwww, this is so sweet. I love the paper distressing!

Cassie said...

This card is perfect Sandra!! Love the layout - and that sweet squirrel!

Do you sponge and distress - or distress and sponge?

*Susan* said...

What a sweet card! I'm such a sucker for cute little animal images. LOL Love the DP choices and the distressing!
{hugs}

Danni said...

Wow! This is amazing!! What a sweet image and I adore how you created the card! Awesome job!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra,

Brown Free Glasses on I can now see how beautiful this card is and I really enjoyed your layout so pretty!!! That image is also adorable and I really like the papers you choose!!!!!

If it were not for these glasses I would have to be hospitalized today!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Awesome card Sandra!!!

Heather

Mary Giles said...

Awww...this is so cute. It would definitely cheer anybody up. I love the distressing of the edges. I need to whip out my distressing tool. BTW...I have more Doodle Factory coming my way.

Jane Wetzel said...

so sweet!

Jenny Gropp said...

Great card! Love the distressed edges, that image is darling!

Darla said...

The shading and coloring are awesome! Love the umbrella this little guy has. Great card and sketch! Very inspiring.

Janna said...

Wow, wow, wow!! This car dis just so, so sweet!!! I lvoe the gorgeous dp and the amazing stiching! That ribbon though is so cute!! I lvoe it! and you know how much I adore your coloring it always takes my breath away!! A stunning card!

Smiles,
janan

Lorie said...

I love everything about this card, Sandra! Your work is so wonderful, and I'm so enjoying catching up to your posts this week!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails