Lets have some Craic

Thursday, March 12, 2009

And you all thought I was a nice girl! ;) LOL Don't worry; Craic isn't what you think it is!

Craic is a Gaelic term that loosely describes having fun. And if you're Irish (or an Irish-lover) usually music and beer are involved! Don't believe me.....looky here!

I have always loved St. Patty's day. Maybe it's because of my Irish heritage or it could be because it's just a great excuse to have a pint or two! When I worked in Australia, we always had lunch at one of the Irish pubs and have a pint to celebrate the day. Although, any more than 1 pint and I'd be as useless as a inkless inkpad!

So in honor of this craic day I made this card using the Bag Piper stamp from Doggone Stamps. This pudgy guy looks like he's ready for a good time doesn't he?!

The layout is this week's sketch challenge created by Jana Mays, my fellow Doggone Stamps design team member. I love doing sketch challenges because all that's left to do is to pick the paper and the stamp! Easy peesy right?! Yeah.....I hummed and ahhhed which paper to pick and ended up using this Basic Grey piece. Since the Bag Piper looked like he was going to play a little diddy after his beer, the 'Little Love Note' sentiment seemed to be the perfect fit! If you haven't spotted it already, that beer is looking a bit on the cold side...and any Irishman will tell ya that beer is not meant to be drunk cold! LOL

Blog Candy Alert: Wanna win some Doggone Stamps?! Head over to Jana May's blog for all the details!

Keep a look out for another quick post from me later today. I have a special announcement from Hanna Stamps!

Supplies
Stamps: Doggone Stamps 'Bag Piper', MFT 'Everyday Sentiments'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand, Morning Marigold
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Old Olive, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Boxer Collection - Cargo'
Access: Dimensionals, Fiskars circle cutter, circle punches, Stickles

14 Comments:

~amy~ said...

Whatta fun card Sandra...tooo cute. Great choice of Basic Grey!!

Danni said...

Fun card!!

Lorie said...

He's adorable, Sandra! I love this little guy beer belly and all. That is some great DP, and you worked the sketch beautifully!

Jenn said...

Too cute! He's colored beautifully...it just brings the pic to life! :D Love it!

Kimmie said...

your coloring is fabulous! I love how did you his shirt!

kadie said...

Saaaaaaweet!! I'm totally diggin this card and I LOVE the layout. Man, I'd drink a brewski with this cutie! ;)

Jacilynn said...

Love this. Soo cute. I have an award on my blog for you.
Have a great day!

Silli said...

OMG! Sandra, you make my day. Your card is so beautiful. Love your coloring! The image is so sweet! Great work...woowwwww

Christi Flores said...

OMG this is too cute!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

O.K. Saundra,

Well this card is totally adorable and that is because I am assuming that dark matte colors is black and not brown!!!!

Asume everything that is my Motto!!! LOL!!!!!

He is such a cute Leprechon, and I love your greens!!!

Great Job my friend I love it!!!! Oh yes and I enjoyed the definetion of Craic (Crack) on the link you gave us!!!

Heather

Janna said...

I don't think I could be Irish then. I have to have my beer cold although I am like you and would be out after just one! LOL!! Sandra I love this card! He is adorable and the layout is amazing!! great paper choice and the coloring is superb1

Smiles,
janna

Cassie said...

he's hilarious!!

will you totally critique my coloring skills? i've been trying and trying to get better - but i need honest, true feedback!

Jenny Gropp said...

great card-- your coloring is perfect-o!!!!

Mary Giles said...

Sandra he is hilarious and so well done. The expression on his face is just priceless. I can actually see this guy as one of my good friend's husband. Hmmm...I feel a purchase coming on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails