Need A Hug?

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Doesn't this guy look like he just needs a good hug?? Poor monster.

He's called Monster Bedtime and he's from Victoria Case's line of monster stamps. Remember when you were little and you swore that there were monsters under your bed, or in your closet? Or your imaginery monster friend? Victoria has captured these characters just perfectly!

So last week Victoria issued her customers a challenge. It was to create a card using the colors pink and brown and use one of her rubber stamps (vs. her digitals). I have a few of her stamps, so I picked a monster I hadn't colored yet, and I immediately thought of this polka dot paper in my stash. (Yes, there is ALOT of polka dot paper in my stash.)

My sewing machine pretty much permanently lives on the dining room table now, so I ran around the edges of the card with some brown thread. I didn't want to cover up that gorgeous paper, so I just popped Mr. Monster on some Bazzil cs and then popped that off the base with dimensionals. That thread on the button is some of that crafter's dental floss. Strange stuff to play with! And that pretty much it covers the whole card. I hope it's enough to win the challenge because the winner gets Victoria's yet to be released 'Sock Monkey' rubber stamp! And that would make me very happy. :D

Remember that Miss Anya card I showed you last week?? Well tomorrow I'll show you her friends!

Supplies
Stamps: Victoria Case Stamps 'Monster Bedtime', sentiment by Studio G mini alphabet set
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, Vintage Violet
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey '
Access: Button, dental floss, sewing, decorative scissors, dimensionals

9 Comments:

~amy~ said...

Super fun card Sandra!!! That image is hilarious...gotta love the slippers!!!

*Susan* said...

Aw, poor guy does look like ne needs a hug! {hug} Super cute image and card! I think I need to break down and invest in some Copics. I love my Prismas but the color saturation with the Copics is gorgeous. Hmm, maybe with the tax refund! ha-ha

Oooo, Miss Anya has friends?? Can't wait to meet them!
{HUGS}

Anonymous said...

I just logged in to post to my own blog and this guy was at the top of my follow list. I LOVE him! He kinda reminds me of Disney's Sully from Monsters Inc (who stands guard outside my MiniMe's bedroom door!) As always, FABULOUS job! Now I must stop perusing your work and get to my own posting - you are making this very difficult!!

Danni said...

Aww, he's so cute!! Great card!

Lorie said...

Now that's one cute monster. I swear I could look at your projects all day long, because there's so much detail there to take in. Good luck with the contest. I hope you win!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Uh Sandra this is adorable in every way I love that monster and I love your coloring you have quite an amazing coloring talent girl!!! I love it I love the Polka Dots to pieces and I am not even going to tease you today about that one thing cause Yesterday's Card and today's card (well and about every other card I have seen of yours) totally rocks!!!!

Love it!!!

Heather

Mary Giles said...

This is sooo cute and he looks like he needs a hug himself with that pouty face, carrying two teddies, and fuzzy slippers is just too much.

Janna said...

This is just the cutest image I have ever seen!!! those fluffy slippers just really sent me over and that expression on his face!! Oh my! So sweet! Your coloring is just amazing and I am adoreing all of this polka dot paper you have! So delish!! Gorgous stitching as well!

Smiles,
janna

Silli said...

Hello Sandra, your card is so funny, your coloring fab! Love the dp and the imgae... Great work... Hugs from Silke

Related Posts with Thumbnails