Window Flowers

Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday already?! Where did that weekend go?!

Saturday's weather was sooo nice! DD and I went out and kicked the ball around a bit. Sunday was a reminder that it's Spring and not Summer because it just rained all day. Boooo! Much of this week is supposed to be the same so I'm glad we managed to get some fresh air when we did.

Ok, so today's card shows one of the things I really like about the spring weather...flowers! This image is from Doggone Stamps. It's such a different image from the standard, run of the mill flower images out there, I had to get it. I love how it looks all prettied up and on a card!

I really wanted to create a really watercolored look to this image so I played up the brushstrokes a bit. I used Sahara Sand to create the stucco finish behind the image. The flower box had to be 3D, so I stamped a separate image of it, colored it then cut it out and popped it on dimensionals.

If you haven't checked out Doggone Stamps lately, definitely stop by because they have released some new images this past week. There are some new floral and coral stamps, some more comical characters, more dogs and some more spring/whimsical images. James Duck totally cracks me up and I may have to get him!

Hope your Monday is relatively pain free. Toodles!


Supplies
Stamps: Doggone Stamps 'Window with Flower Box', The Greeting Farm 'For Someone'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black & Timber Brown', Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Certain Celery, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, Almost Amethyst, Pink Passion, Sahara Sand, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye & Vintage Photo'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - K & Company
Access: Ribbon, circle punches, EK Success edge punch, decorative scissors, Zig pen, dimensionals

11 Comments:

Lauri said...

What a pretty card! Great job with this stamp! I love the new ones too!!! James....James Duck....cracks me up!

~amy~ said...

Lovely card...great coloring!

Kimmie said...

What a beautiful "adult" card. I love that image and the 3d effects

Barbara said...

Beautiful and your coloring is amazing!!

kadie said...

To borrow your phrase...Get outta town!! This looks like a photograph! Your coloring is so life-like, it's incredible. Did you do the grafting on the PP or is that part of it? I like it all. Another great one!

Unknown said...

Another beautiful Sandra Creation!

Jacilynn said...

Cute! I have this image and had a hard time coloring it. Yours looks great! I got my fingers crossed for warmer weather. My kiddies are dying to get out.

Anonymous said...

Love how you colored that stamp and the card is just beautiful! I wish I could take some step by step lessons from you!

Janna said...

Sounds like you had a better weekend weather wise than we did. We actually got snow here! Yucko! But Sandra!! i adore this card!!! Wow, wow, wow! Reminds me of the little flower boxes in the houses in switzerland! So stunning and I love the dimension you created! Everything looks beautiful!!

Smiles,
janna

Lorie said...

I love the softness of this card. It's so lovely!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Mary Giles said...

This is soooo pretty and serene. I almost feel as if I can push the shutters open and see the room behind them. Amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails