Sock Monkey

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I hope you all had a great St. Patty's day yesterday!

Hubby, who has Scottish blood in him, went out for a pint of beer with his dad while I (who does have Irish bloodlines) stayed home blog hopping with a cup of tea. Hmmmm...something wrong with that picture!

Anywho, I have a very sweet card for you today!

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I showed you that Need a Hug monster card I made for Victoria Case's color combo challenge? Well, I ended up winning and last week my prize arrived in the mail. Meet Sock Monkey!

He really did come to life after I colored him up! That red mouth just makes him light up. He's watercolored with SU reinkers and an aquapainter brush on Canson watercolor paper. I cut him out and layered him on some kraft cardstock and then chocolate Bazzil cardstock. Again, I used my cheapo decorative scissors to create the scalloped edge. It's much easier to to this when you cut your paper to a circle first then mount the image onto the cardstock to use as a guide. Then it's just a matter of turning your cardstock as you cut. I started the cut in the upper left hand corner so that if the scalloped didn't line up they would be covered up by the ribbon. By the way, the size of this card is 5" x 7".

I just love that chocolate ribbon! (sorry Heather) It makes it look like a wrapped up birthday present! For the sentiment, I channeled a bit of Leigh O'Brien's talents. I just love her bright and clean style! This is going to a good friend of mine who is celebrating a birthday soon.

Thank you for dropping in and have a great Wednesday!

Supplies
Stamps: Victoria Case Art Stamps 'Sock Monkey', Papertrey Ink 'Paper Tray'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Sahara Sand, Barely Banana
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Kraft cs, Bazzil cs, PP - K & Company 'Day Dreams'
Access: Ribbon, decorative scissors, dimensionals, Zig pen, paper piercer

14 Comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

Hahaha!!! He is ADORABLE, and you are right...his red mouth does make his face light up:o) Actually, seeing this wonderful card made my face light up:o) Thank you for the early morning cheer!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Silli said...

*LOL*... HIHIHI... Sandra, your card is so funny. Love the sweet image and your coloring is so fab... You male me smile...;-) Big hugs from Silke

~amy~ said...

Such a FUN sock monkey!!! LOVE it!

kadie said...

You're right, this is a very sweet card. I don't care that it looks like you wrapped up a present, I LOVE how you did the ribbon just around the middle square and I adore how you broke up and attached the sentiment! LOVE IT!

Juliana said...

Such fantastic coloring!! The higlights on the bow is just too prescious!!!
I love the layout, too!!!
FANTASTIC card!!

Lauri said...

Congratulations on winning!!! What a cute prize, too! As usual..your coloring is awesome and that ribbon is gorgeous!

Heather Schlatter said...

He is totally adorable Sandra and I love your coloring on him!!!

That paper is great for this card as well!!!

I want to color like you when I grow up!!!

Heather

Naturliche Body Bliss said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

NoraAnne said...

Great job! You did an excellent job coloring him :) Congrats on winning the contest too!

Janna said...

Sandra!!!! This is absolutely amazing!! Your coloring truly blows me away and I love, love, love the beautiful layout colors! Not Sorry Heather! LOL! The ribbon is so delish and I still can't get over that you cut out those circles with scissors! Amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! This is amazing!! Your coloring is fanastic and I am in LOVE with that bow! OMG!!!

Pop's Cards said...

This is amazing, and i had to laugh at your post sat at home with a cuppa tea lol, but i bet you enjoyed it more than pub i know i do, hugs Pops x x x

Lorie said...

This is truly a sweet card, and as always your coloring and DP choices work so perfectly together!

Cassie said...

great job sandra! most sock monkey stamps kinda creep me out but you managed to make this one look loveable and adorable!! i could just pick him up and squeeze him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails