A Mouse and a girl

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday challenge again and this week we have another temporary twinky. Eight year old Jameson Ednie is this week's featured Twinkie, Rebecca Ednie's little man and he has issued an amazing inspiration challenge!

Yep! Mickey and Minnie were his inspiration! But he did not stop there! There is a sweet story that goes with it:

Mickey is a Park Ranger working in the national forest. One day on his patrols, he hears a cry for help. He sees a beautiful girl mouse with tears on her face because she has fallen while hiking and broken her leg. The gallant Mickey comes to the rescue of the lovely Minnie, administers first aid, drives her to the hospital, waits for her to be treated and drives her home. They fall in love and the rest is history. However, a few months later, when Mickey goes to pick up his tuxedo on the morning of their wedding day, they have accidentally rented out all of the mouse-sized tuxes! So Mickey shows up anyway in his Ranger uniform. Minnie starts up the aisle and is surprised to see Mickey wearing his uniform but she doesn’t care because that is how he looked when she fell in love with him!

How stinking cute is this?! I will admit that I was a little freaked out at the challenge because Disney colors on a card are soooo not me, but then I thought about the Disney trip our family took last year and how I've only completed four pages of that scrapbook album. So I created a scrapbook page instead!


I have sorely neglected my scrapbooking since I discovered the fun of coloring stamped images, so this challenge has helped me see the fun in it again. Usually the kind of pages I did took me hours but this one took no time at all! And I really, really like it! I think it shows off the photo really well and the added embellishments don't detract from the image at all.

This photo was taken by me and is probably one of my favorite photos from the trip. My little girl was sooooo giddy at meeting Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Mickey had insisted Syd kiss him on the nose and it started a tradition that lasted the whole week we were there. Syd kissed EVERY character on the nose! Her reactions totally paid for the trip. :D

Ok, so if you think you'd like to play along with our Twinkling challenge this week, all you have to do is upload your card or creation to SCS or PCP and use the keyword MTTSC16. Then leave a comment on this Twinkling blog post linking back to your creation. I'm excited to see what the other Twinkies have created for this challenge and if you want to check them out too, links to their blogs are in the left hand column.

Thanks for stopping by today; it's ALWAYS appreciated!

Supplies
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Kraft, Georgia Pacific cs, Pinecone Press Papers 'Dotty'
Products: Marcella K 'Fresh Paint' glitter stickers, K&Company 'Wild Saffron' adhesive chipboard, Creative Imaginations 'Signature Collection' stickers, corner punch, decorative scissors

17 Comments:

Lorie said...

This picture is adorable, and you did a beautiful job of scrapbooking it! The colors are great, and I like the way you framed your journaling in sections. It's such a sweet way to capture these memories!! GREAT JOB!!!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful layout!! It is so sweet and you are so lucky to have such a beautiful picture to scrap!! I loved the inspiration today!

Heather said...

Your layout is AWESOME! WOW! Such a cute page! Great Job!

kadie said...

awwwwwww! You're So right, this is "THE" photo. How perfect is that!?! What an incredible layout too. I love the buttons and the way you added your text. This is perfect!

Jacilynn said...

I with ya about neglecting my scrapbooking due to my new obsession with coloring images. I did a page the other day and it was totally awkward for me. I keep telling myself to focus more on the scrapbooking since they will be kept for a long time. It's a sickness, I guess, this card/image thing I got going. lol

Tracey said...

This is an adorable picture and a fantastic layout!!

Danni said...

Count me in the neglected scrapbook club!
I love this layout!Oh so cute and what a great photo!!

Amanda said...

CUTE!!! Now come on over for a visit and get working on my Disney scrapbook from last year *wink* JK!

Cassie said...

what a precious page for such a sweet memory!! you really captured the feel of "disney" sandra!!

Kimmie said...

seriously talk about being creative! Awesome!

Heather Schlatter said...

Wow Sandra,

I love your scrapbook page and I am so so so far behind on scrapbooking I am never going to catch up!!!!! I love your take on the challenge too.

It has been fun going around and seeing what each of us came up with!!! We each had a very different take on it this week but they are all so good!!!!

Great Job Sandra!!! Love that picture too so adorable!!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest photo!! You have made such a great page for your memory!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

AWESOME layout!!! Love that priceless photo too!!

Kim said...

Great layout. What a good idea. We just got back from Disney. I could have taken one of my 300 pictures and did a layout!! lol Beautiful!!!!

Javablustamper said...

Hey Sandra!!! How are you?? This layout is SO cute!! I LOVE it!! I never even thought to do that!! What a GREAT pic!! Take care!!

Jacquie/Javablustamper

Mary Giles said...

Great Scrap Page. Of course everything you do is wonderful. Syd is just so adorable. You can see the excitement in how her arms and hands are being held. Just like a giddy little school girl. Awww...

Rebecca Ednie said...

you were on of only three TT members (including me) to do anything DIsney themed. Jameson was so thrilled! he was leaving comments at everyone's blogs but he had to go to bed but he loved your scrapbook page! I loved it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails