Domestic Goddess

Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Friday to you all!
(I'd love to say y'all in a southern accent, but coming from a New Zealand born, Australian raised girl....it sounds ridiculous! LOL)

Today's card uses my very first stamp set I bought from Hanna Stamps and she is still one of my favorites. :) This is one of my first cards using this set that got me noticed by Kristi and eventually led to me being on the Hanna team. :D Come a long way baby! LOL

Loving the bright, summery colors on this card. I used papers from K&Company's Raspberry Fizz collection and paired it with some textured Bazzil Basics cardstock. I used this week's Unscripted Sketches #14 for the layout. Looking at this now, I wish I had colored Hanna's apron in more of a contrasting color...c'est la vie, I guess.

The Hanna Stamps challenge HSC78 this week is being hosted by the super sweet Adela Rossol and her challenge is to create a 3D project. I couldn't come up with anything quick enough, but I will put my thinking cap on this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend; the babe and I are off to Maine for a mini getaway with her grandparents and my inlaws. Hubby has to work since he just started his new job. We're staying in a cabin on some campgrounds somewhere near a huge lake (I wasn't quite paying attention to all the details back when we were talking about going). Hoping to relax a little and maybe get my mojo juices flowing. :) I've scheduled a few projects to show you while I'm away so you don't miss me too much! hehe (A girl can daydream!)

Take care and stay safe!

Supplies
Stamps: Hanna Stamps
'Domestic Goddess'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Going Gray, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'Raspberry Fizz'
Access: Ribbon, Marvy Scalloped Punch, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals, Stickles

14 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

No need to fix what is already perfect. This is a great Hanna card and I love the colors you used with the contrast of the black gingham ribbon.

Danni said...

What a great card!!
enjoy your mini getaway!

Lorie said...

Still some of my favorite cards too! I bought that set, because I liked what you did with it so much!!

Have fun, and enjoy your trip!

Sarah said...

What an awesome card! Love that SS. How cute is that sweeper!
Thanks for playing along at Unscripted!

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Sandra! Enjoy your little getaway! :)

kadie said...

I always love everything you do but I have a special place in my heart for cards you make using this stamp! And this card is no exception. Brilliant job! It is a week for nostalgia, eh?

Caryl P said...

This card makes vacuuming look fun! Great take on the sketch, thank for playing along with Unscripted Sketches!

Silli said...

Sandra, your card is very sweet. I love the papers and the colors... Your coloring is...always beautiful. Hugs and happy day. Silke

Amy said...

Fun card and a great design!

Also, huge congrats on the FFF supplies challenge win! Your cute little flying pig card was one that caught my eye in the gallery right away... well deserved!

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Sandra. Notice how its a woman with a hoover and not a man!! lol.
Clairex

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Love everything about this card! Great take on this weeks sketch, thanks for joining us! Hope you'll join us again soon!

~amy~ said...

cutie pie cute sandra...the colors are magnificent, your coloring is perfection and your fussy cutting magnficient!

daisy said...

hihi love the sentiment!!
hugs
daisy

Jenny in MAine said...

Whimsy card, just beautiful!! Love the colors and the image is great!!

Thank you for joining us at Unscripted Sketches, and we hope you will be back to inspire us.

I just signed up to follow your blog, and hope you will follow me: www.ThisEverydayLife.com and UnscriptedSketches.com

Until later, have a great weekend!

Jenny

Related Posts with Thumbnails