The Sky's the Limit!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A happy Wednesday to you all!

Yesterday's shopping trip was quite successful. My cousin-in-law snapped up a great stroller and play pen and a few other little goodies too. They're due in January, so I have a few months yet to make a baby card for them. :D Gotta put my thinking cap on now!

Today's card was inspired by a few different influences. I am still intrigued by the style of cards showcased often on the 2sketches for you blog. I just love the bright, bold colors they use and the pairing of unique embellishments. To me, it's very creative. So, while blog surfing the other week, I stumbled onto a somewhat new challenge blog that caught my interest. Every Saturday over at the Use It Challenge Blog, they post a group of products or things that need to be used on a card or project. It's kind of like the Ways To Use It challenge on SCS, but with multiple things.

This week's Use It Challenge #17 was to use your newest papers, your sewing machine, add at least one button and add a name to the card. I had just bought this small matt pad from K&Company the other day and this was the perfect challenge to break it in! The sketch is from a new blog sketch challenge I found the other day too. The blog is called Unscripted Sketches and I used this week's Unscripted Sketches #13.

I just got this 'Fly Away' set from The Greeting Farm on Monday and I thought it would make a really great inspiration card for someone. And since the Use It challenge required a name on the card, I thought I'd make one for my daughter, Sydney. I used the Zoe mini alphabet set for the letters and a corner punch for the scallops on the main panel. The balloon (isn't it awesome?!) was colored on watercolor paper with reinkers and an aquapainter as usual. I kept the look pretty watercolory (that should be a word too) and whimsical.
I really like how this turned out. It's definitely different, but I like to experiment so this was fun to try. I will have to remember to revisit these two challenge blogs this week again. :)
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you're having a great week so far!

Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Fly Away'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company Cut 'n' Paste Mat Pad
Access: Buttons, Machine Stitching, EK Success Corner Punch, Quickutz Zoe Mini Alphabet, Dimensionals

20 Comments:

~amy~ said...

wowza sista...I love this....hmmm...can you change the name to amy? LOL Your fussy cutting around the balloon is spectacular...gorgeous card my friend!

Nilla said...

Lovely card! Hugs Nilla

kadie said...

This is beautiful. I'm lovin that paper and what a sweet tribute to your wee little one! Awesome as always!

cnelson said...

perfectly perfect! wow!

Jacilynn said...

gorgeous Sandra! This is a super card! great job

Ida said...

This is wonderful. I love the colors you used and the ballon image. Too bad my name isn't Syd!
Bet your daughter loves it.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ohhhhh I LOVE this! Came out just beautifully, Sandra!

April said...

It's just beautiful!!!! I was just looking at that set from the Greeting Farm last night. You did a wonderful job. I love the colors. I may have to make a purchase soon!!!

karen said...

AWWW,, so precious!
THe sky really is the limit for the little ones.

XOXO

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the bright, bold colors, and your take on this weeks Unscripted sketch. So glad you joined us this week! Hope you'll get to play along with another Unscripted Sketches challenge soon!

Rebecca Ednie said...

What a poppin colour combo! The balloon is gorgeous! Love it!

Mary Giles said...

This is sooo gorgeous. I love the papers and how you did the scallop edge. The layour is perfect and the two challenges really married well together.

Bethany Paull said...

It's so pretty. I'll have to check out those challenge sites. They're new to me too. Thanks for the links.

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Sandra! Love the colours!

Joke said...

Lovely card, Sandra. What a nice big balloon. Thanks for making my Use it! challenge.

Unknown said...

this is absolutely DARLING! love, love it!! so glad that you found us and played along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
♥rae

Sarah said...

OH WOW this is gorgeous! I love the colors you have used...SO bright and bold. Thanks so much for playing along with Unscripted this week. I hope you join us again soon!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the scallop-y edge on it.

Bamabel said...

Spectacular card! Love that balloon! Thanks for joining US this week!

Aymee

Elena said...

Very beautiful card, Sandra!

Related Posts with Thumbnails