It's A Chicken Thing!

Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm soooo glad it's Friday!

I've been so busy since I got back from our little vacation (laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning, etc) that I just can't wait to kick back this weekend and do some fun things like stamp and color and maybe even some blueberry picking. Yeah! Sounds perfect doesn't it? What are your plans for the weekend?

Mr Chicken is planning a quiet weekend doing what he does best - fish! :)

Chickens really do fish. I swear it! Or at very least, Anna's chickens do! LOL Mr. Chicken is from last month's release 'Hooked On Fishing' from Anna Wight and Whipper Snapper. This is the first time I've used the zig zag stitch on a card and I love how it turned out!

I colored Mr Chicken with reinkers and my trusty aquapainter. Then sponged around the edges with Antique Linen from Distress Ink's. The patterned paper is from The Green Stack by DCWV. Looooove this paper stack! I paired it with some bitter chocolate Bazzil cardstock, some cream buttons and a little bit of plaid ribbon. Love a good clean and crisp card! :)

Thanks so much for putting up with my intermittent blog posts this week. Things should be back to normal next week. I may even have some cute pics of my little Syd at the beach. :) Have a great weekend!


Supplies
Stamps: Whipper Snapper/Anna Wight 'Hooked On Fishing'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Certain Celery, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Ruby Red, Buckaroo Blue, Creamy Caramel
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - DCWV 'Green Stack Collection'
Access: Buttons, Ribbon, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

15 Comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card... and funny!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

kerry2 said...

Welcome back......you've been missed! Adorable card...I just love the way you "color" with your reinkers and water brush. Your shading is awesome. You are very inspirational to me.....thanks for sharing your beautiful card creations with us.

kerry2

kadie said...

This is lovely. Can I say that about a man-card? LOL. Gorgeous coloring and stitching! Have a great weekend!

cnelson said...

so cute and fun!

daisy said...

such a lovely card!

hugs
daisy

karen said...

AGAIN a masterfull coloring job! (Is masterfull a word?)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! =)

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

oops... that LOVE IT comment was from me... I accidentally posted it as anonymous. =)

CraftyC said...

A great card, love the chicken!
Clairex

Danni said...

What a great card!! Wonderful job!

Judy in Indiana said...

I NEED this set! I posted in the general stamping forum under the thread "the cutest thing" that there is a small fishing tackle box someone made and I need a fishing set for it. This is the perfect set for my needs. I am so glad you posted. I will have to remember to order this when I can.

Ida said...

Oh I agree with Anna - LOVE IT!!!
Super Cute and your sewing is fabulous along with your coloring.

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Sandra! Welcome back!! Your cards are always terrific and this one is no exception. Great zigzag stitching!!! Maybe I'll break out the sewing machine some day and try this.

The Spotted Chick said...

Super duper cute Sandra! You always do such a wonderful job on your cards. Love the zig zag stitching too!

Anonymous said...

LOL - this is so darn funny! I love that image - I mean a chicken fishing... Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails