Kindness

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hope you're all having a great week so far!

I wanted to create a card with the Bloom set from There She Goes with a different feel than the other cards I've created with the set. I jazzed it up a bit and made it more upbeat and funky with some of that yummy Stella Rose paper from Basic Grey and some matching Bazzil cardstock. I also added some ric rac ribbon and adhesive rhinestones to add some sparkle to the card. What you don't see in this image is the glimmer mist I sprayed onto the petals of the flower. :( It's super pretty but my camera isn't powerful enough to pick up the twinkles. Wish you could see it IRL. I knew I'd love this stuff! :)

The flower is colored with SU inkpads, then cut out. Then I added a second layer to the petals and poppeed that on dimensionals to add more height to the card. I really loved to paper tole as a kid, and I think stamping really lends itself to this craft really well.

Happy stamping!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Bloom'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Certain Celery, Old Olive, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Cranberry Crisp
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Stella Ruby Collection - ??'
Access: Ric Rac Ribbon, Adhesive Rhinestones, Glimmer Mist 'Pearl', Paper Piercer, Decorative Scissors, EK Success Corner Punch, Dimensionals

13 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

You should go out of the norm more often because this is gorgeous. I love the painted picture feel it has to it. The flower goes perfectly with that yummy DP.

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous my dear...simply gorgeous!

Elena said...

Very beautiful card, Sandra!

Naturliche Body Bliss said...

great choice of colors Sandra!

kadie said...

oooooo! This is funky, I LOVE it! Funky is good btw. :) Love how you've been using jewels and I love how you stepped outside the box for this one. The paper really highlights the flower and draws attention to the details of the card. Another great one, Dearie!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is totally stunning! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh to cool... I'm always wondering how incorporate "busy" paper. Now I know!

Judy in Indiana said...

I never get enough bling so I love how you used it on your layout!

Christine said...

As usual, another beautiful card!!! I've been stopping by to take a close look at your water coloring but haven't had much time to comment. Your suggestions have really helped out on my water coloring technique. I still use my water color paints but I apply them in the layer manner that you suggested. My Mother even noticed the difference.

Blessings,
Christine

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card.... so sweet, so unique!!!

Saskia :)

Lorie said...

Just gorgeous as always!! I bet that glimmer mist IS an awesome! I wish we could see it too!! Have a beautiful day!!

Love Ya!
Lorie

Catherine said...

Liking the new look on this one! Careful with the Glimmer Mist though - saw something about it being harmful to your eyes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails