Tough Guy

Monday, July 13, 2009

Good Morning!

I hope you had a good weekend. We ended up going to a reception/bbq for one of hubby's cousin's. Luckily, it stayed dry until around 8pm when it absolutely bucketed down, but we were in the car and on our way home by that time. Phew!

A nice bit of news that came out of the weekend was that my husband was offered more stable job at his new place of work after only working there 3 weeks! He was on the sales floor working odd hours and Saturdays, now he's a service writer and works 'normal' hours so he'll be home for dinner for a change AND he has weekends off! This opportunity was a huge deal for us because he's never worked regular hours for as long as we've been married and it'll be soooo nice to expect him home for dinner! LOL And we can actually plan things to do on our weekends now! Wow. :)

So I attempted a redo on that masculine card I tried to make last Friday. It definitely turned out a whole lot better than the first card I created! (That one had a grey and dark blue color scheme and just never worked from the get-go.)

I used last Friday's Hanna Stamps Challenge HSC77 hosted by the lovely Nikki Fairbairn. It's really a perfect sketch for a Riley or Sohie. I used Mason Riley with some old My Mind's Eye paper. The plaid was about as manly as I can go on a card! LOL

I worked on a few cards this weekend and none of them went together easy for me. They all feel like I tried too hard on them. It might be because of the challenging layouts and odd image sizes, but they've really put a kabosh on my mojo lately. I'm hoping it flows a little better today - I put those cards aside and just colored - for therapy. :) Hopefully I can transfer them to a decent card and have something to show you this week! It's a good thing I'm on vacation next week - I think my mojo needs it! LOL

Have a good one!

Supplies

Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Mason Riley', sentiment from Studio G
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand, Really Rust, Close To Cocoa, Buckaroo Blue, Cool Caribbean


Papers: Georgia Pacific, Bazzil Basics, PP - My Mind's Eye 29th Street Collection - Spirit "Sisters"

Access: Ribbon, Making Memories Square Copper Brads, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

15 Comments:

~amy~ said...

fun masculine card Sandra...congrats to you and your husband regarding his new job! That's fabulous for the BOTH of you :)

karen said...

Sandra! Congrats on hubbys promo! The card is fabulous as always! Look at you go girl! XOXO

Lorie said...

Yay, Sandra! For both the card, and hubby's move up! It will be wonderful that you can spend your evenings together. Now...what to fix for dinner?? :-)

Unknown said...

This is so cute, Sandra!! I love it!

Tracey said...

Congrats on your hubby's job news Sandra! That's fantastic!

Great card! Love Riley!

Saskia said...

Great card!

Saskia :)

Danni said...

Great news on your hubby's job!
Love the card, so nice!
Sometimes our mojo takes a vacation without us...I have no doubt yours will return soon!

Nunt said...

Love Riley, he's such a moose ;)

xx,
nunt

Ida said...

First off Congrats to your hubby on the new position at work and to your family for being able to have him around more at "family" time.

Now on to your super cute card. Just wonderful. Riley looks fantastic and what great papers.

Kim R said...

Congrats on your hubby's new job!! That's great news. It's nice to have more family time!!

Such a cute card. Definitely doesn't look like you lost your mojo.

Cathryn said...

Such wonderful news about your husband's new job. Wonderful card too!

Cassie said...

so fun sandra! great news on your hubby's job!!

i just got caught up on your creations! all lovely!
adore the balloon one - oh my gosh -it's so bright and happy and fun!!!

and the fishing chicken one that is your new challenge with some friends - adorable!!!

as always, i'm in awe of your coloring!
have a great week girl!!

Heather Schlatter said...

This stamp is so so cool Sandra!!!

Janna and I were just talking about brick layers tonight when we were shopping!!!

I love your layout and coloring!!!

I have pictures of Janna, Jess, and I on both yesterday's posts and my Twinkling Post today if you want to see all of us together!!!!

Have a Stampendous Tuesday and I will be back later today to see your twinkling post!!!

Heather

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love your card Sandra, your colouring of Riley is gorgeous and you did a great job with the sketch. What fantastic news too and I am so happy for your family, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Cindy Major said...

I love this! You did a great job!

Cindy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails