Farm Fresh Friday Challenge

Monday, July 27, 2009

Hello! I hope you all had a great weekend.

The weather held off long enough for us to go berry picking on Saturday. Yay! The picking was easy and we managed to collect about 9 pints of blueberries and 6 pints of raspberries. Yuuuum! I made a pie with half the raspberries and we're having lots of fun trying out different berry smoothy recipes! :)

A couple of week's ago my Pigs Can Fly card won (yay!) the The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday supply challenge, and I have been all fired up since then about playing in another round. This week's FFF Challenge is to use a combination of flowers and butterflies in on a card or other project.


I have been itching to make a vintage/distressed card ever since I got back from vacation and I decided to do one for this challenge using Reeta from the Wild Sprouts collection. I think she's the most demure of the three, so I paired her with my new favorite vintage K&Company paper collection, Classic K 'Charlotte'.


That flower embellie is a handcut flower sponged with Distress Inks and stacked with a button in the center. Not that you can see it in the photo, but I couldn't resist spraying it with some glimmer mist. It adds such sparkle to the card! I used the small butterfly stamp from the Hope & Grace set on the horizontal panel and the 3D butterflies were punched out, sponged, sprayed with glimmer mist and popped on dimensionals to balance out the card.

I used this week's sketch from Friday Sketchers because it worked well with the vintage paper and the floral theme I needed to create. Miss Reeta was again colored with SU reinkers and an aquapainter, this time on some Prisma Smooth cardstock. It's a very bright white and I hear it's awesome for copics. It also worked well with reinkers. (It's a bit better to paint on than SU's Whisper White). I used Really Rust and a wee bit of Cranberry Crisp for Reeta's hair, but let me tell you - it took a long, long time to color! I didn't want to overdo it so I had to wait for her hair to dry before applying more color. Love the look though! I'm probably going to add Miss Reeta and the Pigs Can Fly card to my card shop later on this morning, so if you love it, keep an eye out for it!

Don't forget: This Saturday marks The Greeting Farm's first anniversary and there will be a blog hop this Saturday starting at 9am CST. There's still time to sign up, so if this sounds like something you'd like to participate in, head on over to this Club Anya post and join in!

Man did I talk your ear off today or what?! Sorry about that! :) Before you go, I wanted to quickly share with you a funny photo of my little girl at the beach last week. She insisted on being covered with 'mud cream' and the bucket on her head was her idea too. Such a goofball!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm Wild Sprouts
'Reeta', sentiment from 'Panda Friends'
Inks: Staz On 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Cranberry Crisp, Certain Celery, Taken With Teal, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Sahara Sand, Going Gray
Papers: Prisma Smooth White, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company Classic K 'Charlotte'
Access: Ribbon, Button, Scrapworks Dental Floss, Martha Stewart Tag and Edge Punch, Circle Punches, EK Success Small Butterfly Punch, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist 'Pearl', Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals


17 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

Are you kidding me! This is absolutely stunning! I'm just floored. Sandra when you create and paint it is just magic.

Awww...Syd is just the cutest thing.

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

Laura said...

GIRLIE!!!! How do you manage to keep making your cards more and more and more beautiful? This is just gorgeous!

cnelson said...

so super cute! looooooove the colors!

Danni said...

Speechless here...this card is just too beautiful for words. Love it!
Cute, fun photo of your little one!

kadie said...

Gorgeous! I love that paper flower and the way you shadowed the butterflies is just brilliant! Amazing Amazing Amazing!!!!!!

Cutie Patootie Sydney! Your little mud baby. :) Too cute!

Jacilynn said...

Oh, so cute! I absolutely love your style. jealous sigh....... super cute pic of your girl.
Hugs

karen said...

adorable card, adorable little one! Shes getting so big Sandra!

WickedPixie said...

Your card is SO gorgeous! Your coloring is divine, as always! I love how the stamped butterflies seem to be shimmery shadows for the punched butterflies! :-) Traci

Sparkplug17 said...

Looks like your daughter was having a blast! I love your card! It's super gorgeous.

Lorie said...

Okay, my friend. So you know I love all your artwork, but when you go vintage, I get completely happy from the inside out! Just stunning, Sandra!!! I LOVE it!

Ida said...

Simply Divine! Nothing more needs to be said. YOU ROCK!!!!

Loved your little girls picture too. What a funny photo.

Tab said...

Oh my! You really do vintage so well, your card is to die for! Truly adore the papers, little butterflies oh well just everything, tis gorge!
Much love!
Tab

ps what a cutie little pic of Syd, so sweet!
xxx

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...your girl and your card are both a-stinkin-a-dorable!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Gorgeous vintage card. Great details and your daughter looks like she is having a BLAST!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Beautiful Sandra! The color on this is breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

ooo pretty - and the card is great too! I used to love playing in the sand when I was Syd's age. Sigh - for those simple days back again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails