Blooming Cocktails!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A happy Thursday to you all!

I have not one, but two quick cards for you today! Both are using the brand new stamps from There She Goes.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I just have to gush again about how nice the line work in this Bloom set is. I literally sigh out loud every time I stamp out one of the images! I don't know if it's the varying line weights or the image themselves, but this set just makes me happy all over! *grin*

As soon as I got this set, I knew I wanted to color this magnolia blossom (or is it a Dogwood?) in white with a pink center. It just seemed like the most obvious choice. The stems were colored with Almost Amethyst. Then the Cool Caribbean background set the whole branch off just nicely.

I created this next card last week (before I made Sydney's birthday card with the same paper) because I immediately saw this layout with all the cocktails from the 'Life's A Beach' set. I wanna be where ever it is that those drinks are being served! Don't you? Yes please! LOL

Both cards were colored with SU reinkers and an aquapainter. I added some Stickles to the drinks for some added sparkle. I think I need some of that glimmer mist for my cards. Can anyone suggest a place to buy it?

Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow I have a July 4th card for you. See you then!

Supplies
Card 1
Stamps:
There She Goes
'Bloom'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Certain Celery, Old Olive, Almost Amethyst, Cool Caribbean
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics Inspirations, PP - Basic Grey 'Sugared Collection - Attractive'
Access: Ribbon, Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

Card 2
Stamps: There She Goes 'Life's A Beach'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Certain Celery, Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand
Papers: Georgia Pacific, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company
'Citronella'
Access: Raffia, Circle Punches, Stickles, Dimensionals

14 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

Those flowers are just gorgeous and the colors you used just make me happy! Oh and can I join you wherever those drinks are being sold? Those look so yummy and refreshing.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous cards Sandra!!! The flower are beautiful...wonderfully colored {of course, always}...and the drinks? absolutely refreshing!

Danni said...

More amazing cards! Love them both!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh Sandara...Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!! The papers are so perfect for the images!! {sigh}

kadie said...

Mixology...just in time for my vacay...yummers! I love them both but now I have to have those drinks to stamp up!! :) Great job!

Heather P. said...

Holy moly, your coloring is fabulous!! LOL, I literally gasped when I saw the flower card in my Google Reader. You are amazing!

Tracey said...

These are both gorgeous cards Sandra! Love them!

Lorie said...

You've got not one but TWO gorgeous cards here, Sandra! Your attention to detail is wonderful, and your cards are always a joy to look at! Love them both!!

Happy 4th of July weekend!!

Tab said...

Wowee fab cards love the colours and images, just gorgeous!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your flowers are soooo pretty in pink!! And your drinks look just divine! Two fantastic cards!! Woot!!

Nicki said...

Lovely cards, especially the flower one, the way you've coloured the image is beautiful. Nicki, xx.

Joan Ervin said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous...love the drinks and the flowers are FABULOUS!!! Congrats on being the Featured Stamper this week...you are sooo deserving!!!

Debbie Lee said...

Gosh, I LOVE both of these cards (your coloring on the flowers is so beautiful & soft), but I LOVE the citrus one best! It's sooo adorable and it's so creative! Those little drinky-poos are just calling out to me. :-)

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love both these cards. In fact, I could use a drink right now! your drinks look so real! I love your flower though I think it might possibly be a cherry blossom as well. they look remarkably similar to a stamp I have that shows Asian cherry blossoms. the one I used for Suki's kimono card. I love the layout you chose too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails