If Wishes Were Fishes

Monday, July 6, 2009

Hello! Me again!

A few weeks ago, I had a three way PM going with a couple of my SCS sisters and we decided impromptu, that we would take turns at playing with a card kit we would send each other just to see how different, or the same, our cards would turn out using the same supplies.

Mary was first up and she sent Kadie and I a fishing themed kit with lots of great paper and little embellishment goodies in it. And the image she sent was Mr Fishing Chicken! :) I was a little bit more than happy since I had Anna's 'Hooked On Fishing' cling set with all it's fun fishing sentiments sitting front and center on my craft desk! :)

And this is what I came up with! I used this week's Sketch For You To Try for the layout and used the brads, paper and twine that Mary sent. Mr Chicken was colored up with SU reinkers and an aquapainter. The tags were made with MS tag punch that I picked up at Michaels.

Love Mr Chicken don't you?? Thanks for the challenge Mary - I hope I did you proud! Kadie has her card up and Mary's is posting hers later today. Can't wait to see it! I have got to start thinking about the kit I'll be sending them. Hmmmm....might need to lie by the pool today and think about it some more. ;)
Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies
Stamps: Whipper Snapper 'Fishing Chicken' and 'Hooked On Fishing'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Old Olive, True Thyme. Going Gray, Sahara Sand
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - Ask Mary!
Access: Prima Flowers, SU Brads, Twine, Martha Steward Tag Punch

23 Comments:

kadie said...

Of course I knew that your watercoloring would be fabulous!!! Great sentiment too and I really love how you used the tags to show it. I love it. This was so much fun!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Oh how FUN to find my fishing chicken as part of the challenge you fun girls put together!! I LOVE IT!!

Penni said...

What a fun card - I love it.

Hugs
Penni
X

karen said...

I am SOOOOO excited to see what you three come up with with the same stuff! Its like our Sisterhood's 3 biggest celebrities battling it out!

XOXO

Tracey said...

This is just adorable Sandra!!

Yvette said...

This chicken is sooo cute! Love the DP you used for the background too!

Cindy Major said...

I am in total awe of your coloring skills! And still can't believe I had never seen your blog before. Your creations are truly exceptional! I look forward to visiting your blog on a regular basis to see the new creations you've shared! :)

Cindy

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! You 3 sistahs rock! This is another example of your mastery of coloring and putting all the elements together in a total work of art, Sandra! TFS

Mary Giles said...

Oh my I love it! The watercoloring is perfect as always and the highlighting on him is amazing. Love the layout.

Leslie said...

so cute! Love your coloring!

Lauri said...

Such a cute card!!!! I think you have a great idea with the challenge, too!

Jacilynn said...

How cute! Who knew chickens fished. Cute image and what a fun idea!

The Spotted Chick said...

Super cute card Sandra. I just love Anna's stamps too! I had debated on getting this one in my last order and I didn't. Phoooee, now I'm wishing I had. I just LOVE this card!

Barbara said...

Sandra, what a fabulous card! I really like the colors you used for the papers and your coloring of the image is terrific! Wow!

Barb

~amy~ said...

Oh how fun Sandra!!!! Looks fabulous!!

cnelson said...

sooo, sooooooo cute!!!

Anne Harada said...

Wow, what amazing artwork on your blog!! I followed you from SCS -- so very deserving to be FS this week! Congrats!!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great card! I love what all of you did!

*Susan* said...

Sandra this is sooooo cute! Oh my stars, love how you made the tags his "catch" and those little flowers are perfect! It goes without saying that your coloring is amazing, but I have to say it anyway! {HUG}

Lori Barnett said...

OK....THAT'S IT! Now I FOR SURE MUST HAVE THIS SET! I was thinking about getting it...and after looking at your cards...it's a MUST! :) Thanks for sharing your AWESOME creations. You da'bomb!!

Saskia said...

So funny and beautiful!!!

Saskia :)

Kimberly said...

This card just makes me smile! Your coloring is fantastic!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I saw this fishing chicken forst on Anna's blog but you have done it wonderful justice here too! Your colouring styles are very similar and I jsut wish I could soak in your talent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails