Pigs Can Fly!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Good Morning Everyone!

I think I'm still nursing a hangover from last night's crazy VSN party for the Club Anya/The Greeting Farm new releases. Talk about fast paced and crazy! All good fun though. I had to snag the new Scottish Ian stamp because he looked so much like my husband on our wedding day. We had a Scottish themed wedding with the men wearing kilts of the MacLean tartan. We even had a bagpiper play as my dad walked me down the aisle! :D So now you understand why I just had to have this particular stamp! LOL



I might have managed to score a hat trick with today's card. *grin* (Love it when that happens!) The sketch is from this week's Sketch For You To Try by Jen Del Muro. Then I worked in this week's Use It Challenge 18 which was to add some texture (I used textured bazzil cardstock), use at least two punches (I used that pretty edge punch and a corner punch for the scallops on the circle panel), use patterned paper from my favorite manufacturer (easy peesy - K&Company!). The bonus supply was to add pearls. I substituted it for some rhinestones instead because this tied in with last challenge this card was for. The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday challenge also happened to be a supply challenge this week and we were to use at least two GF stamp sets (I used Fly Away and Hope & Grace), at least one punch (MS Edge Punch) and bling it up a bit (adhesive rhinestones).

Little pig was lots of fun to color in! I used Blush Blossom on him and a teeny weeny bit of Vintage Photo (Distress Ink) for the shadows. I kept the balloons muted like the rest of the hues on the card. That Martha Stewart edge punch is quickly becoming my new favorite item. Although, while shopping for my Secret Sister yesterday, I picked up something I have yet to use, but I have a sneaky suspicion it will be my all time favorite item - I found Glimmer Mist at my LSS!! *big cheesy grin*

My Secret Sister also got a whole bunch of new and yummy things too! Me and the group of girls I was telling you about a few weeks back are in a secret sister summer swap where we are given one sister to pamper and indulge upon. Packages must arrive by August 1st, and then we pick a date to open our packages at the same time! I can't wait until my SS opens hers! And it looks like I might be able to wing meeting my favorite Sisters next summer! *insert another cheesy grin* It'll be like a camp out but with stamping and no bugs! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you squeeze some stamping in tonight. Remember that sneak peek I showed you last Friday? Come back tomorrow and I'll show you the whole card. :D


Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Fly Away' & 'Hope and Grace'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Blush Blossom, Certain Celery, Pretty In Pink, Soft Sky, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'DayDream Collection'
Access: Martha Stewart Edge Punch, EK Success Corner Punch, Precision Scissors, Circle Nestibilities, Best Occasions (Walmart) Adhesive Rhinestone Accents, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

22 Comments:

~amy~ said...

♥♥thud♥♥ Could this be any cuter??!!!!

Mary Giles said...

Okay if you don't try out for TGF DT I'm sending in your cards for you. This is just crazy fabulous! Ooooh I haven't seen that punch. It is neat. I looooove this card. I wanna see what you do with glimmer mist. I'm intrigued after the party now of how to use it. I can't wait for Sisterpalooza!

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOOVE this Sandra!

Lesley said...

Wow Sandra...your blog is amazing...I am so happy to have found you!! Love how you colour...Thanks for the inspiration!!

Happy Stamping!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

kadie said...

This is adorable! Love the paper so much! I didn't know you had a themed wedding! How cool...I want to see kilt pics!!

Heather P. said...

This is soooooooo ca-ute! Love that adorable pig... This card totally makes me smile! :)

Jacilynn said...

I love this little pig. What a great card! Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Oh so adorable! I love him and how you laid this out. Perfection as usual.

Leslie said...

stunning! When I grow up I want to create cards as awesome as yours!!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a gorgeous card!

WickedPixie said...

WOWZA! Love this card! (And I love the paper! That is one of the packs I am hording, too scared to cut into! Problem is when I do that then someone else makes something AMAZING with it like this, which makes it even harder to cut into, because how could it be as good as what I've already seen made with it!!) :-) Traci

Saskia said...

This little pig looks so sute on your card! Lovely work!

Saskia :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, love the cute image and all the wonderful detail. Hugs Nikki x

Tab said...

Wow Sandra, your card is awesome, sweetie! Fab layout and love the cutie pig!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bethany Paull said...

This really made be giggle when I read your title then saw your card. So cute. Who knew pigs could be so beautiful?

Judy in Indiana said...

I like Glimmer Mist, but I sprayed it on an accent once and posted the card on SCS and it looked way to shiny under my flash. Just be careful with it, but it is pretty! I love your pig card, so darling.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awww Sandra...this is absolutely charming!! LOVE the soft colors!!

Lauri said...

Beautiful card Sandra! As always...yours coloring rocks!

Lorie said...

Amazing, wonderful, and absolutely makes my day stopping by your blog!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

Karina said...

Hi Sandra, I occasionally landed on your blog and like what I see here. You do wonderful artwork! And so I will make a visit again on your place from time to time to see what's new.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

Deanna said...

Gorgeous! You should go on Pile It On... www.pileitonchallenges.blogspot.com, it is a blog all about combining challenges!

Steph Zerbe said...

cutest card ever!!!
The colors, the assortment of papers and stamps!
I must find that pig and the cloud stamp. So darn cute.
Great job!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails