Hooked On Fishing

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! We had no less than three BBQ's all weekend and as you can imagine; we're knackered! :) It's also why this post is a little late today. Sorry about that. It was a great weekend though.

So, yesterday morning while I was on the phone with my husband giving him a list of things to get at the grocery store, I get an email from a friend on SCS telling my that I was the featured stamper on SCS. Hold the press: What did you say?!? I immediately told hubby, I had to get off the phone because something major was going down! LOL Turns out, it was true! Me?! The SCS featured stamper this week?! I kept shaking my head in disbelief. I thought only big names got to be featured stampers...not newbies like me. What a huge honor though. I can't stop grinning! :D

Ok, getting back to why you stop by my blog - I have another card to show you today!


I really wanted to play the Weekend Sketch Challenge WSC87 this week because I haven't had the opportunity these last few weeks. And thankfully, the sketch was exactly what I needed to show off the 'Hooked On Fishing' set from Whipper Snapper and Anna Wight. If you've never played with Anna's cling sets before and you love to color, you really need to try them out. They are awesome to color up and I really love that you get a ton of sentiments with them because that's probably what I lack most in my collection.

SweetMissDaisy herself, Anna Wight, and Whipper Snapper will have (at very least!) two more sets to release this month, so be on the look out for them. And you don't want to miss who will be her new featured designers for the next two months! I've just had the BEST TIME designing for Anna and I know these new gals will too. Thank you Anna!! Don't worry though, this is not the last time you've seen me play with stamps from Whipper Snapper. I have a huge order arriving on Wednesday - most of them are from their Fall/Winter 2009 new releases! My hands are itching to color them up!!

Be on the look out for another card from me today too. I was too exhausted last night to finish it, so I'm doing that this morning. :) I've got some girls waiting on me to get this done!

__________________________________________

Just a reminder: Hanna Stamps is having their July release party tonight, starting at 9PM EST in the Hanna Stamps member forum on SCS. I'll be there, so pop in and say hi, ok? :)


Supplies
Stamps: Whipper Snapper/Anna Wight
'Hooked On Fishing'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Cool Caribbean, Ruby Red, Going Gray, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company
'Actopus to Zelephant'
Access: Ribbon, Circle Punches, Sponges, Dimensionals

14 Comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

LOVE IT!! And Congrats on being the featured stamper for the week! There's nothing more fun!! =)

Leslie said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I love this stamp set:)

kadie said...

This is SO SO SO CUTE!! Omgosh!! Everything about it is perfect!! Love it!! Congrats on being the featured stamper!! That's outta this world!! Woohoo!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being Featured Stamper!! I had a little busy weekend and haven't made the one yet but I definitely post it later.
I understand your excitement...I would be same if I was chosen ;)

Your cards are all fabulous and always inspire me including this one!!

Lorie said...

This card is FINTASTIC!! I don't know why these good things keep surprising you! We all know you are awesome!! I haven't been on splitcoast all weekend, and I hate that I missed it! I'm going to go there now, and check it out! CONGRATS, Sandra!!

Tab said...

Wow another fabulous one, love how you have done the images down the side, truly fab!

I have a couple of WS cards to show tomorrow and then my package is to be posted off to them, its been so much fun, and I have loved working with you so much, sweetie!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just fantastic Sandra!! LOVE the circle trio!! And, as always, your coloring is fabulous!!

Penni said...

Congrats on being the featured stamper - it's well deserved.

Love this card, such a fun image.

Hugs
Penni
X

Elena said...

Congratulations on being Featured Stamper! Great news! Love the card, Sandra! The layout is so awesome and I you did a fabulous job with it!

Judy McMullen said...

Congrats on being the SCS Featured Stamper this week, Sandra! I am so not surprised. Those of us in the Sisterhood have been blessed with your awesome creations for a long time and now you're getting more and more deserved recognition. And this beautifully crafted card is just another example of your awesome talent!!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Wow! So cool to be a feature stamper. Woohoo!

Just love your coloring and the stamps are so very cute! TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just ADORABLE! I LOVE the sketch with those stamps. . .fabulous! Thanks for playing!

Janell said...

Cute card!! And congratulations on being the featured stamper on SCS! I just browsed through your gallery over there, and NO WONDER you were picked!! You do a fabulous job!

Shy said...

Love your card. It is Great! Congrats on being a featured stamper too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails